test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Outdated, Obsolete or Useless? Please help?

Is there a list of broken and obsolete artifact sets, insignia bonuses, enchantments or anything else out there? Despite my many posts over several months, I'm only just now learning that I've been ignored because the objects of my concerns are obsolete. I am using the Lostmauth's Set on my GWF and HR. Just learned it's not only still broken for some jobs but the devs won't acknowledge the issue since the set it obsolete any. Sucks for me because I've been using setups that allow for more damage to prone targets.

I am also using Tiamat Set on my DC. Imperial set on my SW, Lathander's on my GF for my immortal tank setup and the set of Demon Lord's Immortality. I inquired about the tenebrous enchantment because the r7 version I have has r stats and vise versa. I was criticized for even mentioning it, despite it seems to work well for my SW's Dread Warrior companion. Even with all this broken and outdated stuff, my builds seem to do quite well. So I'm wondering if there's somewhere I can access a list for this general info. I realize that in posting this I am making myself vulnerable to higher level of trolling. I only ask that you all try to refrain from it. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    carl#6379 said:

Is there a list of broken and obsolete artifact sets, insignia bonuses, enchantments or anything else out there? Despite my many posts over several months, I'm only just now learning that I've been ignored because the objects of my concerns are obsolete. I am using the Lostmauth's Set on my GWF and HR. Just learned it's not only still broken for some jobs but the devs won't acknowledge the issue since the set it obsolete any. Sucks for me because I've been using setups that allow for more damage to prone targets.

I am also using Tiamat Set on my DC. Imperial set on my SW, Lathander's on my GF for my immortal tank setup and the set of Demon Lord's Immortality. I inquired about the tenebrous enchantment because the r7 version I have has r stats and vise versa. I was criticized for even mentioning it, despite it seems to work well for my SW's Dread Warrior companion. Even with all this broken and outdated stuff, my builds seem to do quite well. So I'm wondering if there's somewhere I can access a list for this general info. I realize that in posting this I am making myself vulnerable to higher level of trolling. I only ask that you all try to refrain from it. Thanks!

Although many items are outdated, there are no useless or obsolete items. Almost every item in the game can be used for some purpose, even if it is for salvage, breaking down for RP, etc. However, a good basic rule of thumb is if the item's ilvl is lower than 450, there is probably a better option out there. Tenebrous is an exception, it was never very good outside of leveling as it used a slot that could boost stats. That doesn't mean you can't or shouldn't use it for solo play on a loadout for that purpose, just not great for a group loadout. Perhaps when asking for advice, you might try prefacing it with something like, I want to use X item on my X class. Any advice on how to get good results, not BIS results, using this combo?

The problem you are describing is different. When asking for advice/suggestions on the forum, you are going to get responses mostly from players who are striving to have BIS equipment and run the FoTM builds. While this leads to maximizing DPS, Tankyness, buffs etc, it does not support playstyles that just want to have fun or roleplay. Their advice is often based on what they have read or been told and have not usually experimented with other builds/equipment. For them, this works as they are looking to be a strong contributor to the group dynamic.

When I solo, I often use the Batri mask and Orcus ring. Not great items, but it is as close as I can come to playing a Necromancer in this game. So, I do it because I enjoy it.
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    carl#6379 said:

you can do ok with all those things but you will not be topping the leaderboards. sounds to me like maybe you've been following some old builds. if you want things that are considered bis or close to it reading the class forums can help a lot. they often post recent builds or discussions on the best new things to get.

as far as the hr and lostmauth.. are you running trapper or combat? it's pretty much useless other than for stats on a trapper but tbh not sure about combat. much the same way orcus was considered not great for trapper.. but it's ok on combat. Most hrs aren't running with a set because the damage you get from dex in some of the single pieces is just more reliable. the tiamat set on the dc isn't optimal.. but it's not bad either. again most aren't running sets on dcs except for some running orcus on dps do. i have an orcus set for my do but the amount of extra damage it does for the team isn't really noticeable so I generally wear single pieces for better stats and to make it more interchangeable with my ac load out.

it does matter to choose relevant pieces of gear if you're high il and doing end game dungeons. If you're trying to get in anything above FBI.. you probably do want to have relevant gear. But if you're doing lower level dungeons it really doesn't matter. whatever you choose is fine.
  • Options
    carl#6379 carl Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    Thanks to both for the input. I usually solo or duo/trio with family/friends. I have all paragons for my HR but combat has provided me with chart topping damage as well as survivability. So when I solo, which is usually what I do, my HR is on the combat paragon. The words I used in this post came from others. I truly don't believe anything is useless. They can be used to carry you until you get better options. I personally have been playing for 2.5 years and have tried many different things with my HR. He does so well now that I really don't want to change anything on him. Including the artifact set. My HR is just about 14k IL and that's with no Guild boons.
    My concern starts with my GWF, which is also a powerhouse but that same set is broken for him. I don't think it's ever going to get fixed so I have to find something new. I'm considering running no set with him. Zephyriah, I hadn't realized that these sets all have their own IL. Lostmauth's is 405. I just noticed some are 500. Even though the original set is working well for me, it seem to get overlooked for many endgame events because of my IL and not what I can do. Anyway, thanks for the input. I feel as though I can take my time and use what I have while I peacefully look for upgrades, rather than flat out abandoning life as my toons know it.
  • Options
    amireland#6520 amireland Member Posts: 1 New User
    Is the falsehoods quest also broken? I have the broken idol, but it does not let me accept or start the quest?
  • Options
    carl#6379 carl Member Posts: 118 Arc User

Is the falsehoods quest also broken? I have the broken idol, but it does not let me accept or start the quest?

I have no idea. That might warrant its on post.