test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anyone know who wrote this foundry quest?

Arena Kill all the Zombies White Zombies. Where everything is white and you can't see the zombies except for the life lines? Where it says kill all 50, yet to kill their 50= killing 1,000 zombies. Since when does killing 1,000 zombies ever =50? When it says kill 50 it should mean only kill 50 not some other number. I noticed that on almost every quest it wqill say kill this many yet you have to kill like 5 times that many to reach the quest number of kills. Does the people who made this game know basic math? Doe the people who play know basic math? Am I missing here or do they have some kind of formula where so many kills = 1? Who ever has not done that quest I advise you not to do it it is a waste of time, takes to long and you have to kill 1,000 just to get 50 kills. I hope the person who wrote tht quest replies here so they can explain how they got kill 1,000 - 50 kills

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    It would help if you had the quest title and the author.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    Maximum encounter count per Foundry map is 50. Encounters can have 1-6 enemies depending on the specific encounter. The defeat enemies option counts encounters and not individual enemies.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • hughpuppies#4539 hughpuppies Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    I did have the quest title, did you not see it? Kill all the Zombies, white zombies. White board. That is why I asked who wrote the quest.
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    When you choose the quest, the author's @ handle is on the button, directly above the title next to the word "by" obviously indicating the account name of the person that created it.
    I don't know the author's reasoning behind what you're describing, but chances are the author wasn't aware that making a quest objective to defeat enemies means to defeat that specific number of encounters. Your best bet for an answer to the original post is to search the quest again and use in-game email to ask that specific player their method of mathematics.
    In the future, if you are in a Foundry quest and don't like the type of content or find it too tedious, you can choose the door icon at the bottom left corner of the mini-map to exit the quest. You can then drop the quest from your journal and move on to whatever you desire.
    Post edited by iandarksword on
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • warrianswarrians Member Posts: 98 Arc User

Arena Kill all the Zombies White Zombies. Where everything is white and you can't see the zombies except for the life lines? Where it says kill all 50, yet to kill their 50= killing 1,000 zombies. Since when does killing 1,000 zombies ever =50? When it says kill 50 it should mean only kill 50 not some other number. I noticed that on almost every quest it wqill say kill this many yet you have to kill like 5 times that many to reach the quest number of kills. Does the people who made this game know basic math? Doe the people who play know basic math? Am I missing here or do they have some kind of formula where so many kills = 1? Who ever has not done that quest I advise you not to do it it is a waste of time, takes to long and you have to kill 1,000 just to get 50 kills. I hope the person who wrote tht quest replies here so they can explain how they got kill 1,000 - 50 kills

necro is my speciality - where u are counting, its displaying the number of ENCOUNTERS to go, not the number of individual units to go. The ppl who made this game, by the way, have nothing to do with any quest objectives manually written by players.

Sorry to have replied to this. I just thought it was too funny.