test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Storm King's Thunder Campaign's logical problem.

polaris1986polaris1986 Member Posts: 320 Arc User

for first - I can join Sea of moving Ice location before I even start first quests of SKT Campaign.
and I haven't other characters who had complete or even start this campaign.

So... I join unknown location where i don'r know what's going on who is Artus Cimber?
I just run around and... and can accept quests. any of them. Yes, but without items for campaign's progress.

This is problem and i didn't know that I should have start with 'Festival of Bryn Shander'.
I didn't know.

Ok i came back to Bryn and start a quest. Dont know how but later i got a quest 'Secrets of the Cocoon' where Makos was alive! But just few moments ago I seen his body burning...

Seems like some logic of quests is broken.

Its just in SKT's locations and quests.
------------------------------------
in Dead Ring, Maze Engine, The Cloaked Ascendancy and Chults locations.

I understand that it gives freedom to chose any campaign for begine or doing them all in same time.
But it also makes a terrible understanding for common story.
"sometimes the world doesn't need another hero, sometimes what it needs is a monster"

Tagged:

Comments

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    It is true that requiring the completion of Red Ice and really FBI before going to SoMI would make more sense. However, it would also greatly lengthen the time it takes to complete what is already the longest and (IMO) the worst campaign currently in the game. If at some point in the future, the devs rework and streamline this clunker, sure go ahead and make them follow the logical order. As for now, being able to do both sections simultaneously speeds progression up but it still takes 2+months to complete and for basically non-existent rewards. Terrible boons, outdated weapons and armor...
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    pitshade said:

It is true that requiring the completion of Red Ice and really FBI before going to SoMI would make more sense. However, it would also greatly lengthen the time it takes to complete what is already the longest and (IMO) the worst campaign currently in the game. If at some point in the future, the devs rework and streamline this clunker, sure go ahead and make them follow the logical order. As for now, being able to do both sections simultaneously speeds progression up but it still takes 2+months to complete and for basically non-existent rewards. Terrible boons, outdated weapons and armor...

I definitely skipped the boons for this since they were gated with vblod which was horrible to grind and get.
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User

Its just in SKT's locations and quests.
    ------------------------------------
    in Dead Ring, Maze Engine, The Cloaked Ascendancy and Chults locations.

I understand that it gives freedom to chose any campaign for begine or doing them all in same time.
    But it also makes a terrible understanding for common story.

Happens with the Underdark / Maze Engine campaigns as well now. The big "secret" character revealed about 2/3 through Underdark greets you at the start of Maze Engine, even if you haven't started Underdark, much less finished it.