What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

castle ravenloft rewards, worth it?

2»

Comments

• Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    i've been in high il potato groups. I don't know if it was the support not knowing their class and synergizing. (I was noticing that no one one was even attempting to synchronize their t rex's so probably a hint) the dps not knowing their class or all of the above.. but it's still doable. it's just a struggle that uses too many scrolls. Personally I've taken to just blaming everything on the OP. it's always their fault.
  • Options
    wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    One big thing to underline is that ToNG has three chests and can be beat by a decent group in a 20min mark. Effort/reward ratio is really low in CR.
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

One big thing to underline is that ToNG has three chests and can be beat by a decent group in a 20min mark. Effort/reward ratio is really low in CR.

CR = new seals for new gear. My CW does not really need the new gear, though the headpiece would be nice. As for support power sharing builds, the chest and the feet are both really good and therefore CR is mostly for OP and DCs. I don't see to many non-support character needing the new dungeon other than for the head piece.

This dungeon isn't even hard. Took a full 14k group through it. Took around 66 minutes without any wipes. We had a total of 4 deaths between us. The dungeon just takes long due to fighting 3 bosses on the first boss and the fact you need to stop every now and than impacting the time it takes to beat the dungeon.

T9 actually had better mechanics than CR and IMO it is the better dungeon but after 200+ runs it does get boring.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

I think you meant "Reward/Effort" ratio. The (inverse) Effort/Reward ratio is way, way too high in CR.

Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    To be fair, the same was true for FBI and Tomb when they first came out. FBI was derided as only dropping Flawless Sapphires. Tomb dropped next to nothing and the chests might just bug completely. MSP, the fixes didn't really work out...

Hopefully, like those 2 dungeons, Devs will adjust reward and fix bugs over time. I hope so, since we really need some variety. Tomb has worn very thin for me and Cradle is just too much to build groups for.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    this dungeon does drop fewer ues than tong. but other than that I'd say the drop rate and items are about the same. the envenomed chest is just in place of the boss dropping stuff. strad does drop things. just not in a box form. imo the main thing that needs to happen that would please the speed runner is get rid of the mandatory cut scenes. make them skippable.
  • Options

personally. ive dropped like nothing ues wise in tong. just in my first 100 cr runs I dropped over 5ues... just about the same amount as my whole time of doing tong in mod 12. Thank god for codg.

Mod 12 did not drop UES...it was mode 12b that dropped them. That would explain why you never saw a UES in mod 12. :)
  • Options
    eion311eion311 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    It's worth it to get the gear you need for upgrades, but beyond that? No.

The instance has the most annoying bugged boss fights. Heck yesterday I went in with a group and Strahd bugged 4 times (two members were sent below & npcs up top were not targetable, the bubble ultilty in phase 3 failing to work or dmg coming right through it, etc,etc) before the group just said forget it and we all left.

Run it to get your gear you need, then forget about it. As stated it much more economical to run CoDG/ToNG.
  • Options
    CR, CoDG and T9 are all considered end game dungeons equally and all the awards from the chest should be similar.

Time and effort...

CoDG takes the less amount of time to beat; however, forming a group can take as long as running 2-3 T9.

CR is longer than T9 but the best awards are not from the chest but from seals so plan to run it until you acquire the gear you need, meaning DPS should have an easier time getting into CR as DCs and OPs are in needed of the Chest and Feet whereas most DPS just need the head piece.

If you are going into any of the three for awards, go T9 all the way. By now you should easily be able to make 3-5 keys a week from Chult and T9 should take no more than 25 minutes with an average group and a good group you can get 2-3 T9 done by the time it takes a group to completed CR.

Since I'm bored to death of T9 and CoDG I have tried many times to run CR only to leave due to a variety of reasons. Usually because the DPS are not doing the sword correctly or due to the tank not having scrolls, etc... If you do CR please have scrolls and learn the mechanics....

• Options
    wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    Requiring people to get scrolls, you basically want them to pay to enter the dungeon. Gear from CR is not BiS and many people just get the headpiece.

Is it worth to pay with time and AD in form of scrolls, just so you can get one good (not awesome) piece of gear?

Also, knowing mechanics should not require having the scrolls.
  • Options

Requiring people to get scrolls, you basically want them to pay to enter the dungeon. Gear from CR is not BiS and many people just get the headpiece.

Is it worth to pay with time and AD in form of scrolls, just so you can get one good (not awesome) piece of gear?

Also, knowing mechanics should not require having the scrolls.

I did not use a single scroll the last time I was on my CW or DC. I use about 5 scrolls on average when I tank, DPS or play as a DC. Rarely do I need more. It is all about knowing the mechanics and due to bugs it is a bit annoying when you have to use a scroll that is due to a bug.

First run through CR I recommend at minimum 30 scrolls just to play it safe. As you learn the mechanics, you may get away with 5 but if the dungeon is really buggy you may need 20.

As for gear, yeah there are other options that are better but it all depends upon your build, stats, etc....