test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Map

zaarrzaarr Member Posts: 21 Arc User
Hey guys !
Is there a map of the whole game world available ?
When I press M, I only get the map of the region where I am, and I can't seem to be able to zoom out to the whole world ?
Did I miss something maybe ?
Thanks !

Comments

• empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    The only thing you can get like that is when you travel from area to area that shows all the "zones"
  • zaarrzaarr Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Oh ... that's not much then ;)
    Well, thanks anyway !
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    zaarr said:

Oh ... that's not much then ;)
    Well, thanks anyway !

Please ignore this if you already know:

More should open up as you progress. Mine is actually pretty crowded these days. Then, in addition, several of those Zones have their own sub-Zones inside them.

If you want the ability to Fast Travel, then you need to be a VIP Member. You can buy Membership for Zen in the Zen Store.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
    edited August 2018
    Thanks, but I was more asking if there was a way to actually see the whole game world map, like bind it to a key or something ?
    It seems that the only way we can see the map is when we need to choose to travel to a specific zone, which is not very user-friendly I think.
    But if I understood correctly what you're saying, if we are VIP then we can Fast Travel, so I guess that when we choose to Fast Travel (from anywhere ?) we can see the whole map, right ?
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,149 Arc User
    You can pull up the Traveling Signpost from anywhere. Saves on having to run back to the zone entrance if you want to be somewhere else.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    For VIP there are 12 levels and you get a level for each month you pay. The travel signpost comes after you have paid for at least four months of VIP(you don't have to wait 3 months..you can buy 4 months worth or more and get the signpost right away ) So you will have the option for the travel signpost to open the world map wherever you are once you have gotten to the 4th level and you still have VIP active. You do have to keep it active to keep using the signpost. Eventually you will get to level 12 which will give you all of the benefits of VIP as long as you keep the VIP active.
    Ok, that's very clear, thanks for all that !
    I also might add that VIP is well worth it. Enchanted key daily and up to 3 epic dungeon keys and 25 greater identify scrolls. It pays for itself easily.