test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Return to the Dungeon of.....

cap1776cap1776 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
Hey all.

I have been doing a lot of thinking about this... The game has been pretty great about providing new content in new areas. I have really enjoyed Ravenloft.

That said, we have several complete regions that have become almost unnecessary with the new "free gear" setup in Barovia. Let's face it, now, the moment a player hits 70, it's off to the races to get to Ezmeralda and a whole set of 460 gear with enchants and bonuses.

But this means, that realistically, with the exception of a couple of crafting options, weekly AD missions, and boons.... well there's really not much reason for players to adventure in these regions. The gear there is simply lesser than what is available for free.

My thought is this... these areas were not just individual dungeons, but regions... so why would they stay stagnant? Why wouldn't some of these dungeons eventually get repopulated or have worse threats arise? Imagine adding new missions to old regions, but at higher tiers, with appropriate gear and rewards? This is a similar idea to how the Elemental Evil campaign was handled.

You folks created some fantastic looking areas and ideas. Why not remind veterans and newer adventurers alike, just how awesome every region in the game is?

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Options
    hughpuppies#4539 hughpuppies Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    Yeah, no matter how much armor protection my character gets it will still die, lol. It could have stats of 1,000 and still die. There are some items in one area that is 550 I am trying to get to see if my character will last a little longer before dying, lol. Wishe me luck. I do not meed more areas 70 and above even though I am 70 because my character keeps dying in the 70 and above areas over and one, some areas I get hit once and die, or the areas have like 4or 5 72. or 73, and my character does not stand a chance. Why does everything have to be geared toward level 70's? Why not more for lower level people? Why not more areas for people who are level 70 but can't not do level 70 areas but would like new areas that are lower than 70?
  • Options
    cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User

I do not meed more areas 70 and above even though I am 70 because my character keeps dying in the 70 and above areas over and one, some areas I get hit once and die, or the areas have like 4or 5 72. or 73, and my character does not stand a chance. Why does everything have to be geared toward level 70's? Why not more for lower level people? Why not more areas for people who are level 70 but can't not do level 70 areas but would like new areas that are lower than 70?

Everything is geared to level 70, as that's where players are when they stop leveling. More lower-level areas simply means either 1. extending the length of time it takes to get to 70 or 2. spreading out an already thin population over two different zones.

As for the plethora of "level 70" content that there is - you'll notice that it's ordered in a particular way in your quest journal. This is not by accident. It's intended to be followed in a somewhat linear fashion. You hit 70, you should be starting into the next campaign in the journal - not skipping straight to Chult / Barovia (except to grab the Vistani gear). The difficulty increases as each campaign is added. If you've jumped ahead, it's no wonder you're getting beat upon - you're undergeared for the area.