test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Level up reward icon always on top

fra7santofra7santo Member Posts: 29 Arc User
with the patch of 26/07 the "level up reward icon" is always on top, even when you open the inventory or collect objects, could you fix it?
this is an important bugfix for all those that collect level up rewards and open it with double enchants and stones..
(https://imgur.com/a/498NtuY)

Comments

• Options
    misquamacus2misquamacus2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 194 Arc User
    No, it's great for us that don't keep them. Finally I can click on it without having all the stuff I pick up covering it. Best thing ever.

• Options
    so u had difficoult to click on it? lel.. for you is an useless change, but for us is terrible
  • Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    Already reported but falling a deaf ears. Not even an acknowledgment of the issue by the Cryptic team.

https://arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/13043417
  • Options
    hope that this will be the right time to have an answer.. also because have rewards and level up icon on the same place is frustrating with the level up on top of rewards
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    Actually I'm really glad for the change. It makes it a lot easier to click on it. When the inventory window covered it, to click on it I would have to close inventory and open my character screen before I could do so. This simplifies things a ton.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    b3nstoneb3nstone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 46 Arc User
    Even the right-click pop-up menu is under the box and inaccessible.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,290 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    For those who always open those reward right the way, this may be good. They basically want to get rid of it right the way.
    For those who keep the reward and wait for 2xRefining stone, this is very bad. For me, it almost always cover the the inventory and cannot access what the 'reward' covers or worse, I actually click on it and open the reward prematurely.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    i moved it in the left high corner, but in this way i don't see the items that i pick up :/
  • Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    It is also blocking the ability to identify all/convert refinement points from the inventory windows default location.
  • Options
    nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    reg1981 said:

It is also blocking the ability to identify all/convert refinement points from the inventory windows default location.

So move your inventory window. BOOM! Problem solved! You're welcome.
  • Options
    edited August 2018

reg1981 said:

So move your inventory window. BOOM! Problem solved! You're welcome.
    No, it does not. I have a 28" monitor. If I open my inventory, it takes almost the whole right side of my screen. I usually also open my bank, it takes almost the whole left side of my screen.

My current solution is to hug the 'reward to the very bottom right corner and move the inventory icon away.
    In this case, it only covers 80% of the pull down menu (if I click the bottom right button of the inventory window).
    So, I use the remaining 20% to click on what I want (of course, I have to memorize the menu item).
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,115 Arc User
    Resize your windows so they don't take up so much landscape, then.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    greywynd said:

I want to see all item in my inventory and bank. I resized both inventory and bank to only show the items already.
  • Options
    rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    For me.. its not just the inventory and context menu with items that's the problem... its the fact the claim rewards interact button is also sitting on top of the new items received.
  • Options
    nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User

greywynd said:

I want to see all item in my inventory and bank. I resized both inventory and bank to only show the items already.
    There's only so much the developers can do to mitigate a problem you yourself are causing. I'm not saying I don't want the button for the rewards to stay like it is, because I really prefer it the other way. However, this is a problem of your own making given the way the code for that button is currently written.
  • Options
    edited August 2018

greywynd said:

There's only so much the developers can do to mitigate a problem you yourself are causing. I'm not saying I don't want the button for the rewards to stay like it is, because I really prefer it the other way. However, this is a problem of your own making given the way the code for that button is currently written.
    Is it supposed to cover the new item you pick up too? That is the same issue because it is on top to cover everything.
    Can you see the new item you pick up? My problem did not exist before they made the reward on top to cover everything. What was the problem they tried to fix with the new behaviour? Is there anything else in the game behaves this way?
  • Options
    rowin4010rowin4010 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited August 2018

Is there anything else in the game behaves this way?

Bumping this thread to respond to plasticbat's question... Yes, there is.

As I hadn't used the Preview option (for Fashions/armour) for a while, I have no idea how long this bug has been around, but when using Preview today, I found that when you click the button to change what clothing item appears in a given slot, the options panel appears behind the main panel, making it completely inaccessible.
    "I have never considered it polite to comment upon the ravings of the insane, nor profitable to engage in arguments with lunatics." - King Avallach (Taliesin - Stephen Lawhead)
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    rowin4010 said:

Is there anything else in the game behaves this way?

Bumping this thread to respond to plasticbat's question... Yes, there is.

As I hadn't used the Preview option (for Fashions/armour) for a while, I have no idea how long this bug has been around, but when using Preview today, I found that when you click the button to change what clothing item appears in a given slot, the options panel appears behind the main panel, making it completely inaccessible.
    I don't know what you mean. I have just tried that and the pop up is on the top and I can choose different fashion.

I tried 'head', 'upper body' and 'lower body'. All work for me.
    Same for armour preview.

This is my procedure:
    Bring up inventory.
    Find a gear, right click, preview.
    Preview windows comes up. I can click any gear button and the pop up selection menu window stays on the top for me to select.
  • Options
    rowin4010rowin4010 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Hrmmm... Maybe it's just me then, because I just tried it again and the pop-ups are still behind the main window...

Edit: Okay, I tried again later and I found where the problem was arising with the Gear Preview screen and how to fix it.

The problem arises when I try to preview gear from the Tarmalune Trade Bar merchant - any other source and it works perfectly. (On previous occasions, there was no problem with the Trade Bar merchant.) The 'fix' is just as simple - log out of the character and back in - problem gone (until you use the merchant again...).

Apologies for the inconvenience (buimping the thread), but if anyone else comes looking to see if there is a problem... well, now they know the cure.
    Post edited by rowin4010 on
    "I have never considered it polite to comment upon the ravings of the insane, nor profitable to engage in arguments with lunatics." - King Avallach (Taliesin - Stephen Lawhead)