test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Castle Ravenloft - Bats mechanic

vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
edited July 2018 in Bug Reports (PC)
This thread mirrors the post I made in the Castle Ravenloft feedback thread, but I wanted to call attention to it here since it definitely isn't working the way it was described...
asterdahl said:

The bats appear simultaneously with the soak indicator (5 arrows pulsing and pointing to the primary target.) Mechanically this works identically to other soak mechanics, e.g. hypothermia (Drufi, Storvald) and uncontrollable turmoil (the atropal.)

Its damage, duration, and overall behavior often appear extremely random. Sometimes individual targets take little or no damage at all, while grouped targets are destroyed despite reasonable efforts at healing and mitigation, and vice versa.

Either the players are missing something here or the mechanic may not be working as intended.
Sacrilege - Warlock
Contagion - Cleric
Testament - Wizard
Pestilence - Ranger
Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

Comments

• manipulosmanipulos Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    I have to agree, this attack makes no sense. Sometimes we are bunched up and take massive damage, and sometimes very little just as you said. Sometimes I'm dead and then I see the swarm, never saw the arrows. This happens during the sisters fight as well, no warning with arrows ahead of time the arrows show up as the swarm is already devouring your health.

The other rumor is you aren't supposed to use encounter powers while the batswarm is up.
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    > @manipulos said:
    > I have to agree, this attack makes no sense. Sometimes we are bunched up and take massive damage, and sometimes very little just as you said. Sometimes I'm dead and then I see the swarm, never saw the arrows. This happens during the sisters fight as well, no warning with arrows ahead of time the arrows show up as the swarm is already devouring your health.
    >
    > The other rumor is you aren't supposed to use encounter powers while the batswarm is up.

The no-encounter thing doesn’t seem to work for my parties. I’ve had everyone literally do nothing and been fine, but I’ve also had everyone blasted just the same. In other words, the usual behavior :P
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH