test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Baphomat for DPS

dariandelforddariandelford Member Posts: 45 Arc User
I was reading the update 14 in this link here https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1240847/a-guide-to-wizardry-mod-13-14-pve-cw-guide by Trzebiat (which is very good btw) yet I found it interesting that he quoted that the baph set as top artis for DPS. I was just wondering if anyone else has tried this and if so is it correct? Just curious is all. I really found it interesting that it could out do all the INT that I would lose from the raider cloak and OB belt.
Darian Del'Ford
AKA Taco Brotherhood of Pathfinders
Old Neverwinter Nights AOL Launched it all!

Comments

• Options
    smulchsmulch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 625 Arc User
    It's better for burst fights (codg, CR's third boss), worse than mw3 for sustained fights (arcolith, sisters, all of tong).

• Options
    commanderdata002commanderdata002 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    Well it was worse than MW set before the fix. Now its working for everything like spell storm, shatter strike.
    Hard to tell. :)
    stock and stone I can master, but there's a Wizard to manage here!
  • Options
    vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    It’s a tough call considering that you give up relevant ability score bonuses and suffer a loss to combat stats when you take Demon Lord set as a CW.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    vorphied said:

It’s a tough call considering that you give up relevant ability score bonuses and suffer a loss to combat stats when you take Demon Lord set as a CW.

Quick fights the extra damage that the Orcus set provides outweighs the bonus stats from the MCIII set. The two sets are really close but the Orcus set does edge it out by a hair. I personally see no point in switching if you don't own the Orcus set already.

This is very similar to the discussion around the Fey vs. Dread or Vorpal. Fey is better but not by significant margins where the cost may out weigh the gains of acquiring a Fey.

If you are a player that wants BiS I would recommend having both sets and have your loadout setup so you can use both based on what you plan to run.

Personally I'm lazy and will keep the MCIII set.