test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

2nd ac build question

thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
I've been running as a second ac A LOT in codg. it's pretty much the only time I run ac. I've looked at all the builds and the feats for ac are pretty much always identical. so my question is as a second ac do those feats stack. .I know you have to have the powershare feat because that's the purpose of a second ac. back up/the ability to always have aa active but the other feats should they be staggered or is there nothing better to run?

Comments

• Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    If you are already dipping into Virtuous for Gift of Haste, there really aren't any other places to move feat points. The damage ones aren't good for a power share build and you have to keep enough points to get Avatar. You could possibly go Faithful or Virtuous for the extra healing abilities, but that means that your ability to act as backup AC is limited, since if the DO has a dedicated build, they won't have BYS and WoL. In general, the possibility of one DC falling off is what makes people get 2 ACs so if that is your entire reason, you kind of need to run the standard build.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    pitshade said:

If you are already dipping into Virtuous for Gift of Haste, there really aren't any other places to move feat points. The damage ones aren't good for a power share build and you have to keep enough points to get Avatar. You could possibly go Faithful or Virtuous for the extra healing abilities, but that means that your ability to act as backup AC is limited, since if the DO has a dedicated build, they won't have BYS and WoL. In general, the possibility of one DC falling off is what makes people get 2 ACs so if that is your entire reason, you kind of need to run the standard build.

right on, just thought id ask that question just in case cause it's soooo rare for the ac to go down anymore.
  • Options
    vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    Public groups seem to favor the redundant//+1 Exalt AC, but in guild runs we always open up that slot for something else unless we are taking an AC who is still learning the fight.

That being said, I’ve done CoDG with 18k players with Exalted and Vivified gear who were consistently falling off, so you never know what’s going to happen. Considering that only half the queue needs to survive to finish smoothly, it’s no surprise that a lot of players get their rewards without fully mastering the mechanics.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    edited July 2018
    the runs I am in are 17 18k for the most part with the occasional 15 or16k tossed in the mix. runs where no one at all go down are common. during events you get people going down more often but I think that's because it's SOOO laggy. you get these lag spikes that take out everyone at once. sunday there was an instance I was in where the baby didn't go down and there was no wind animation and started sucking people in from the upright position. lost 7 I think there. lol but in a regular day 9 out of ten runs you don't lose anyone at all.

I personally am not going to complain about it though because the majority of my runs this weekend I was that second ac lol. I was just wondering if there was a way that i could bring more usefulness to the table.

otoh it seems like I've put more care into it than some of the other acs I was seconding. I am pretty sure my base power and recovery was higher in a lot of instances. even though they were higher il than me.
  • Options
    putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    if people seldom go down probably not much you can do useful by swapping out feats and powers because the optimization options would be more to increase survive-ability than increase buff/debuff. And you don't apparently need more survive-ability. so the changes would be minimal

Assuming
    DO owns Condeming Glaze and Bear your Sins
    AC1 owns Weapons of Light, Gift of Haste and Battle Ferver
    AC2 could dip in Faithful for Prestigous Exaltation for extra exaltation up time and Gift of the Gods for bonus divinity. that's a bout it in the way of buffs