BIS armor for power-sharing AC DC in Mod 14

chemjeffchemjeff Member Posts: 544 Arc User
Is it Faithlord armor?
Or is it Knotted Garbs?
Or is it Artifact armor?
Or is it something else?

Comments

• dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    Pretty sure artifact armor features the highest power number.
  • polaris1986polaris1986 Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    @dupeks

dont you know is bonus from Knotted Garbs (+1500p) including in power sharing?
    and hat stacking bonus?
    "sometimes the world doesn't need another hero, sometimes what it needs is a monster"

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Knotted is a direct upgrade from Rex Amiculum if you were running that. I just swapped to Faithlord for the constant power in prolonged boss fights.

Artifact is 3500 Power with no Recovery, 30k HP
    Faithlord is 3200 Power (assuming it works as recent gear has) with 2600 Recovery 39k HP
    Knotted is 4000 power temporarily 2500 static with no Recovery. 37k HP

Whichever is best depends on how long your fights last and whether you need recovery and HP. I like the recovery and HP, personally. All the power means nothing if you don't have AP or you are dead.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    edited July 2018

@dupeks

dont you know is bonus from Knotted Garbs (+1500p) including in power sharing?
    and hat stacking bonus?

I haven't tried, but since it appears copied over from a previous masterwork item bonus my guess it it will count. Assuming it counts, Knotted Garbs will have the edge for battles that last 1 rotation (and also features more stats overall) by about 500 power, then loses by about 1000 power for the remainder of battle.

It's a similar dilemma between Decaying Habit, Rex Corona, and Guise of the Wolf Clan for headgear. The question essentially boils down to:

Do you want to frontload your power sharing to be better at the start of combat but then lose effectiveness in longer battles, or do you want to have more consistent sharing overall during longer fights?

In my personal opinion, frontloading to some extent makes sense, since many fights are short. You could switch out gear for longer bossfights, although I find swapping chest armor annoying because of enchant management. However, I'm not the biggest fan of combat triggered buffs, since I like to pre-cast AA as we the clock ticks down to 0 on the pink circle, before the combat buff takes effect.

Do to a combination of laziness and a desire of simplicity, I run Artifact's Chest + Decaying Habit. On longer fights, I'll swap hats back to Guise of the Wolf Clan (since the enchant management there is more bearable). But I don't think knotted garbs is dramatically worse, just different in focus.

Edit: per pitshade's point, Faithlord gives a solid chunk of recovery and HP at the cost of a smidge less base power. Tradeoffs!
    Post edited by dupeks on
  • iimrmonkeyii#3625 iimrmonkeyii Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    @chemjeff

My advice is to use the Artifact, or the Faithlord (if you need Recovery).

I use Artifact, because I have no need for any more Recovery.

Knotted Garbs are okay, but consider this. 99% of the time, you aren't going to be able to wait until you enter combat to use AA then BoB. If you try to do this, you will most likely fail to share your power before the DPS gets companion's gift (a huge no, no).

Most of the time, I use AA before going into battle then cast BoB on the mobs while standing near the DPS's companion. I try to do this all before combat starts (obviously BoB starts the combat).

Once the team enters combat, the companion is going to attack right away, usually. That's why I don't recommend Knotted Garbs. For the same reason, I use the Executioner's Arms instead of the Primal ones (Primal technically has higher power with the bonus). That first power share combo before entering combat is very important, in my opinion.
    They are all decent choices though, as dupeks pointed out. It won't make or break your toon. I was just offering my advice :smile:
    Unfortunately, Executioner gloves are tied to a merciless RNG. I still haven't gotten them on DC.
  • vincentr6669vincentr6669 Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    Semi-related: from these new 540 ilvl gear are there any head and feet piece with the same amount of Power as Artifact armor and Executioner arms?
  • chemjeffchemjeff Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    @vincentr6669 I don't believe so.
    @pitshade

You might already know this, but those salvage boxes from the campaign store are BTA. Therefore, you can just move them all to your DC and get the arms easily. Assuming you have more than one toon.

Hope that helps!
    Yes I know that but RNG is not so easily defeated. I am only opening those boxes on DC (and a lot of characters running) and still no luck. This has been going.on for several weeks. I was opening boxes on alts for nice gear and got the Executioners Gloves on another class, alerting me to its existence.
    pitshade said:

Yes I know that but RNG is not so easily defeated. I am only opening those boxes on DC (and a lot of characters running) and still no luck. This has been going.on for several weeks. I was opening boxes on alts for nice gear and got the Executioners Gloves on another class, alerting me to its existence.

This mirrors my experience. I was gearing alts when I saw "hey this is viable for DC and OP power share". Since then no luck XD

The game has a way of only giving you items you're not eager to get.

That said, I kind of congratulate them on the system in general. It's brutal RNG but kind of accessible / bundle-able with other worthwhile tasks.