test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

recording a video

chemjeffchemjeff Member Posts: 544 Arc User
How does one record a video while playing the game? What software is used?

Comments

• percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • chemjeffchemjeff Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    When I click on your link, I get "You don't have permission to do that" error
    However this appears to be the correct link.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1207174/demo-recording-aka-how-to-make-awesome-videos-screenshots

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
  • baradur03baradur03 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    If you have Microsoft 10, you can find a Xbox application that has a recording feature for free.
  • logancainelogancaine Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    Just press Windows Key + G in Windows 10.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    At the risk of being called elitist jerk again.

Here https://obsproject.com/
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    If you want Live video you should get the streaming software recommended by Twitch. However for still shots or short videos there is another method. If you don't have the super awesome PC power available, there is an simple way to capture "action shots" within the game.

1. Launch the game and get your character ready for their shots but use the lowest GPU settings.
    2. When you are ready type this command in chat;
    /demorecord mydemo
    3. Run, jump, fight, and do all the emotes you like and don't worry about the camera angles or the current quality of the graphics.
    4. When done, type in chat; /demorecordstop
    5. Exit the game.
    6. Don't run the launcher. Instead from the Live folder (then x64 or x86) run this;
    GameClient.exe -demoplay Mydemo.demo

It will load up without asking for password or anything. You are looking at the playback of what you recorded. Pause it anywhere you like and using F2 you can unlock the camera.
    Fly it around using Right Mouse Button and WASD keys to position it. Now for the real magic...
    Use "~" tilde key to bring up a console and type; options [enter]. Now from the options menu you can amp up the graphics and get some great shots. You are not using the network or playing with others online, so the computer is not bogged down by those memory issues.

Advanced Use
    The demo is found in the demos folder is a large text only script. Some players can edit it to remove unwanted visual elements such as messages. You can edit the camera movement in the scene as well giving your video recordings some better angles. This can be done with the game editor given to us by Cryptic, but I don't know the steps as Cryptic never gave us the manual on this tool. Champions Online users have a pretty firm grasp on the tool and you could ask them more about it.
    wb-cenders.gif
    Thank you all for the responses.
    I was playing around with the demo tool earlier today, and it wasn't working terribly well, it would crash the client when I stopped recording. So I may try some of these other options instead.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    chemjeff said:

Thank you all for the responses.
    I was playing around with the demo tool earlier today, and it wasn't working terribly well, it would crash the client when I stopped recording. So I may try some of these other options instead.

You should get a hold of @turtlemanjay in the game (he doesn't get on the forums very often, if ever). He's a pro at using the demo-tool. But it might be broken again right now. :(
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    micky1p00 said:

At the risk of being called elitist jerk again.

Here https://obsproject.com/

Thanks, elitist jerk!