test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Change Transmute Prices

cap1776cap1776 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
edited July 2018 in Player Feedback (PC)
Hi all

With the recent reduction in available AD in the game, and based on the precedent that PW reduced AD rpices for other things, I would like to suggest that the prices for transmutes be reduced.

I KNOW that one of the reasons for the AD changes was to help reduce the overall AD glut in the game, but it has also had the effect of reducing the ability of players to earn AD, especially for newer players who haven't hit 70 and who can't really earn AD any way except for running dungeons.

I love playing, and one of the things that really matters to me is finding a look that fits my character and keeping it. Now back before the first transmute price reduction I almost went broke doing this once my main finally got EE gear. Then it dropped to 5K a pop, and it seemed like a real sweet change. But with multiple characters, I can still wind up dropping 50-100K on transmutes a month.

I know one new guildmate that I have who, once the AD change was made, has started hoarding some items with the idea that he will only transmute his characters once he gets his final end game armor.

We have a lot of transmutables. people love to adjust their looks and styles... But it seems that other things like the Wondrous Bazaar have reduced their prices, while transmutes remain at 5K.

The funny thing is that if the price were reduced, and people didn't think it was expensive. players would be more likely to transmute all the time, and the effect would be that they would actually spend more in the long run. As it stands now, when a player who has 2-3 characters who can only use the Leveling Queue wants to use a transmute, it takes up 2/3 of that entire day's AD to transmute ONE item. ( Unless you run say 10 dungeons and can earn a whole 17 K AD... in which case a player could transmute one item a day for each character, if they spent almost all of it.)

This may seem too trivial to look into, but there are a lot of players whose only source of AD is the leveling queue, and who want to play multiple characters. Even higher level players transmute their gear.

I think a price reduction of 1/3 to 1/2 would make sense. Or at least consider giving VIP players a transmute price discount

I looked for this and didn't find it, so pardon me if I'm repeating another thread.

Comments

• Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    I agree.

Yes, 5k transmutes are already a huge discount from the 'old days' of like 2 years ago - but it is also true that the landscape for earning RAD has changed significantly in that time as well.

• Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Another thing that bothers me is that some transmutes (especially quest items, which often have some interesting dyes I haven't seen elsewhere) can only be obtained once in a character's lifetime, or are otherwise prohibitively difficult to regain. Back when I didn't have any weapon/armor enchantments and the best gear I could hope for were Relic pieces, I actually bought three Relic sets (and upgraded two Chultan sets) on my TR because I wanted to preserve all of the designs I'd come up with and be capable of using any of them without significant stat reductions. Now, things are a little trickier because I have enchantments, and the best gear I can reasonably get are loot from Barovian hunts and Merchant Prince's Folly, which are harder to reliably obtain.

Someone suggested a 'transmute tab' or something a while ago, which would allow item appearances to be preserved even if you chose to overwrite an existing transmutation. That could be nice if done properly, IMO. I'd even be fine with keeping prices as-is if we were paying to drop items into something like that.