test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Razorwood for OP

blasterwhip#7799 blasterwhip Member Posts: 5 Arc User
Hello everyone, I recently got two Razorwood companions from the lockbox, one I have given to my dps gf, the other one I am contemplating about, is it good for my prot OP tank? I currently have tiger/air archon/siege/compy/energon, let me know should I replace it with energon, thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    demolitioninc#2453 demolitioninc Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    When tanking and your team knows what they are doing, they will be opposite of you, so the extra combat advantage damage will be active. More damage, means more damage from TW = more temp HP = more survibility. So yes viable I would say.

BTW: you know that energon is bugged. The extra 5% HP have to be reapplied whenever you change zone or instance by idling the companion inactive/active.
    1. PzkwVI_Kingtiger - GWF
    2. PMS-Extreme - Moffus Debuffos
    3. Tiamat's Toyboy - OP
    4. Rent-A-DC - 1 GMOP per 30 minutes
    5. Officer at Civil Anarchy, Member of Fabled Alliance
  • Options
    blasterwhip#7799 blasterwhip Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Yup I am doing that with energon and thank you for the reply.
  • Options
    gaidin#2096 gaidin Member Posts: 22 Arc User

When tanking and your team knows what they are doing, they will be opposite of you, so the extra combat advantage damage will be active. More damage, means more damage from TW = more temp HP = more survibility. So yes viable I would say.

Unfortunately, damage gained via combat advantage (and crits) that the Razorwood grants does not impact the HP gained from TW, and only boosts the damage. If you're looking for a considerable personal DPS boost, however, it is an excellent companion, especially if you have high crit and a Feytoutched.

I'm debating on my wife's Prot OP companions as well. She currently runs a Con Artist as summoned, though I've considered changing this to the Chultan Tiger: the Tiger's active bonus does contribute to HP gain from TW, but without being able to mark when soloing the debuff won't happen, which is what's kept me from swapping. I'd be interested in hearing your experience (and anyone else's) and if you notice much difference in solo play, especially in Ravenloft and Chult?

Her other comps are Seige Master (which does grant +HP to TW), Energon (HP -> Power for increase +HP to TW & for max power share), Air Archon and Earth Archon (though their active bonus does not add to +HP for TW, only damage). In full groups that have them, I have her swap the Air Archon for a Tamed Velociraptor, whose acive bonus does contribute to +HP on TW.

Info credited to @michela123 and their excellent work here.