test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Double seals

The next 12th of July there will be the double seals event. Cryptic please be serious with us: what use can it have now? We can't take any advantage of it after the mod.14 news. I don't want to have lots of useless rings to recover... because I have tons of rough AD and they will be more and more day after day. So please be serious: if you change something so important... change also the rest... and take off these events that were good for farming, when farming was still desirable.
Laksmi ---> splendid DC
Purple Knight ---> scoundrel TR
Surya Namaskar ---> strong GWF
Golia ---> fair GF
Nausicaa ---> dark SW
Pallyda ---> growing up OP

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User

The next 12th of July there will be the double seals event. Cryptic please be serious with us: what use can it have now? We can't take any advantage of it after the mod.14 news. I don't want to have lots of useless rings to recover... because I have tons of rough AD and they will be more and more day after day. So please be serious: if you change something so important... change also the rest... and take off these events that were good for farming, when farming was still desirable.

It is good for those to do that to equip all their toon to have Primal gear.
    Not everyone has 500 gear in their main character.
    At least, the first few 2xseal will be useful.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    You may find it worthless but double seals still has a value to others.
  • Options
    cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    Still has value regardless - rAD can still (eventually) be refined. I've got some alts that can put the rings to use (and gear, for that matter). No value to *you* doesn't mean no value to *everyone*.
  • Options
    fallenlord00fallenlord00 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    Dont forget there is always new people starting this game or people that casually play so this event is still good for some people.
  • Options
    rishikesa#0564 rishikesa Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    So this is a game for new players or for casual players ? The old farm-players have to stay with tons of rad, completely unusefull, growing day by day on, and without a real purpose in this game ? thanks for your answers - lol -
    Laksmi ---> splendid DC
    Purple Knight ---> scoundrel TR
    Surya Namaskar ---> strong GWF
    Golia ---> fair GF
    Nausicaa ---> dark SW
    Pallyda ---> growing up OP
  • Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    I've been playing since beta, but have 15 characters and their companions to equip with rings, so seals are still useful to me.
  • Options
    vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited July 2018

While the RAD cap means that I accumulate a huge backlog (I have about 800k AD waiting to be refined), this means that I can probably take a few days break from the game without 'missing out' on that for progress.

The double seals will come in really useful for some players at the end-game as well, with many unlocking Castle Ravenloft this week for seals of the Crown. At least, that is what I will be looking forward to for this event.

It would be nice if seals could also purchase things directly for progress, like Rank 7 or 8 enchantments, or refining stones. But as it stands, the amount of salvage I'm getting for seals means less time I need to grind for AD now. Everyone is more or less in the same boat, so it is a matter of time to see whether AD becomes more valuable as a result.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • Options
    agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User

So this is a game for new players or for casual players ? The old farm-players have to stay with tons of rad, completely unusefull, growing day by day on, and without a real purpose in this game ? thanks for your answers - lol -

The old farm-players don't get their money from RAD but from AH, selling drops or playing the AH. If a double seals doesn't have any value to you because you already have bazillions RAD, then good for you. I'm an old farm-player, and I don't have that, so this double seals will get me some RAD provisions for a few weeks, which is nice.
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

Oh no! You have too much rAD. Where's my violin...

Like everything else in the game, adjust or move on.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    edited July 2018

Seal is not meant for farming for salvage although you can farm for that purpose. If you are in end game, you should know how important 2xSeal is. You were talking about an event (not the game). Many events are meant for new players anyway such as CTA. If you are talking about the game, the real purpose is not about earning AD. In addition, you (as an old farm-player) should have figured out how to earn AD and not just rAD by now.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    I don't have much time to devote to the game as I like so whatever allows me to spend less time at rAD generation the better. Maybe they can come up with some way to use rAD besides refining it.