test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Help with the Auction House Please

Okay, so a friend of mine has told me that for certain items (bonding runestones, etc.), I have to be able to get them from the auction house. But I can't access it because it says I need to complete certain quests. But I think I may have inadvertently skipped some, and I can't figure out how to get back to them.

I've completed the Plague Tower, Returning the Crown, and at least one in Black Dagger, so I guess I need to complete quests in Helm's Hold and Neverdeath - but I don't know how. Have I missed my chance to be sent there by someone? Can I just go there and talk with someone to start the quests, or am I just screwed? :smiley:

Comments

• Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    You can absolutely still do the quest chains needed to get access, but as you've probably outlevelled the quest area the ! above the quest giver will not normally show up. But if you go to your Options page in the game you can switch on the "show low level quest giver" and that should make them appear. I can't recall exactly where under Options it is, but look around. It's in there somewhere.

You can see what quest chains you need to complete to access both the full chat and the AH here.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    As I recall, you just level up to a certain point and a default quest from Sgt Knox pops up in his quest giver list to go to the AH. Unless you abandon it, that quest doesn't go away. And even if you abandon it, I think it just re-appears in the list again.

Also - bonding runestones mostly come from companion packs, which are derived from lockboxes (opened with enchanted keys). I seem to remember them also being a rare drop in certain dungeons. These are the sources for the supply on the AH.
  • Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    @kemnimtarkas that was the old regime before the aggressive gold seller combat began. Now you have to complete several questlines before being able to access the AH (and zone chat and a lot of other stuff too). You can technically get all the way to 70 and never unlock the AH if you skip some of the early quests. I know it's possible because a guildie of mine recently had to go back and do Neverdeath despite being 70 because he never did all the proper questlines and therefore hadn't unlocked the AH (and zone ect)
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.