test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Campaign Completion Tokens

shadoewraythshadoewrayth Member Posts: 183 Arc User
Is there a way that you guys could extend the concept to the original game zones? It gets really annoying to have to do them over and over on new characters, especially since it has become so easy to level, that an experienced player (who has completed those places dozens of times) can go from 1-70 in such an expedient manner that they outlevel those zones in no time flat, and often just get to 70 through skirmishes, dungeons, etc. So, maybe tie the zone-based currencies (currently pretty useless) to the campaign completion tokens, and if a character uses the token, it auto-completes that zone? Might actually make those currencies into a real part of the economy lol

Comments

• Options
    dheffernandheffernan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 216 Arc User
    If even found myself considering paying money to not play the game I would simply not play the game.
    @Venture-1 @Venture from City of Heroes if you remember that far back. Yes, *that* Venture. Yes, I probably trashed your MA arc. For me it was Tuesday.
  • Options
    You realize this isn’t really about real world cash, but being able to use the fact that we have done the areas like Blacklake, etc time and time again, and a lot of us have tons of the currencies from each district, with nothing better to do with it except buy the random bags of items, then convert them for the piddly amount of refinement? Instead, they could add in a completion token system, like they did for the campaigns, but for the districts... allowing players to ‘complete’ them for purposes of Sybella, mainly... also, to have checkmarks instead of empty spots.

I mean, sure, they could monetize it too, but, think they already sort of have, with the veteran characters getting most of the areas auto-completed... this would just allow us to have the districts completed on new alts, instead of grinding mindlessly through those zones over and over again. Again, not with real money, but with in-game district-based currencies already in the game. If you have issue with that, then you have issue with the already existent campaign tokens, and even more issue with the buyable campaign completions... this is a far lesser thing than those.
  • Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    I like the idea. As it is, the only time I use those currencies is when I'm looking to buy some specific equipment as a fashion choice. Not much else to do with it.
  • Options
    Exactly my point. It’s all old areas, and the currency is all-but-useless. I find it extremely helpful, even if just for the areas like Blackdagger Ruins and Helm's, because we get to see them again all-too-soon in Elemental Evil. Like, "We just finished this place, now we get to do it again?!?" Well, if you only see that place once per character, and it's at a point where the enemies at least have some fight to them? Might not be so bad... but, going through it at the normal spot, but due to how the game over-levels you nowadays? End up going through it 10-15 levels too high, and the enemies just sort of fall over at your approach... becomes boring, mindless, and a drag. Yet again, if you have never done these areas, or only did them a few times, then they might still be awesome and all, but, after you've done them 3-10 (if not more) times? They become... stale... I'm just trying to find ways to get players who have 'been there, done that' to not get bored with content that is trivial and only a time sink, while making the currency have a real use again.