test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ravenloft Hunts - An observation

rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
First off I just want to say that I am enjoying the new hunt system.

But, I'm curious about something that I have observed regarding the hunts.

When I first started doing the Barovian hunts, it was with friends in my alliance, and the hunt targets were dropping gear.

As I got up to speed on how the hunts work, I started running some of them solo and experimenting with cards. I started noticing that while doing the hunts solo, the target wasn't dropping any gear at the end.

Sure, I was getting the reward for finishing the hunt, and whatever bonus from the cards I laid down, but, not anything else, and it wasn't being put into inventory directly.

So, I'm curious if anyone else has noticed this?

Comments

• Options
    mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 406 Arc User
    I have only ever done hunts solo and I have never had a piece of gear drop :( Thought I was just unlucky...

I wondered if it was because I have been maxed out on omens for the week...
  • Options
    jizzu#6891 jizzu Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    From talking to mates in the alliance we are noticing a distinct decrease in drops from hunts to the point 10 of us doing 20 hunts each in one night did not drop one tarot or piece of equipment and only 4 wanted posters. Yes RNG is a fickle lady but this goes beyond RNG....
  • Options
    rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    And just to clarify, did do some hunts on Wednesday with members of my alliance and the target did drop gear at the end when defeated. And the old loot roll windows popped up.
  • Options
    chemjeffchemjeff Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    I did a hunt solo the other day and got the Knotted Garbs gear.
  • Options
    mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 406 Arc User
    Just done another two two star hunts on my own... no gear :(
  • Options
    chrissiretlomchrissiretlom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    I have also noticed something if you go with a group and one hase a disconect you get nothing out of the hunt. The cards and the wanted poster are totally wasted and the one with the disconnect can't rejoin. Something they should really change.
  • Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    I've run maybe 20 hunts so far, and I'd say my drop rate for gear (outside of what I opted for in the card deck) is maybe 25%? The drops aren't always top notch - often it's blue instead of purple, but it's helping me buff up my alts quite a bit.

I also noticed that if I engage mobs during hunts they sometimes drop tarokka cards. More frequently than they do on the standard map anyway.
  • Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    I have found that if gear is to drop it will drop in the second or third location for you to pick up. I have recieved several drops in about 20 hunts.
  • Options
    rjaan#9900 rjaan Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Its all entirely RNG for boss loot and posters after a hunt, full parties and tarokka cards do seem to increase the rate but even then its still all RNG. Also be wary of random hunt groups and not seeing loot, the leader may have changed threshold and loot receive from rolling to leader decides.