test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

HR PVE - how to do ginormous damage tips.

jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
Wish I knew how tbh.

Just watched some TRs do 600 million plus hits on orcus in tong. Can we do that..?

I've never really been that great at pve, I can kill pretty much everything as main dps, but it takes..... time. Could some experienced PVE HRs give us some tips on how to really dish out the big hits..?
No idea what my toon is now.

Comments

• marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

Wish I knew how tbh.

Just watched some TRs do 600 million plus hits on orcus in tong. Can we do that..?

I've never really been that great at pve, I can kill pretty much everything as main dps, but it takes..... time. Could some experienced PVE HRs give us some tips on how to really dish out the big hits..?

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1240999/mod14-tr-shadow-of-demise-bug

No we cant and neither should they :-)....
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Ikr.

Literally, if I see a hit for more than a million I get up and dance around the room.
  • wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    Hi there!

From my experience, I noticed really big damage decrease since CA was bugged/changed (is it oficially considered a bug?). We had this perfect balance where we could change to Combat SW for mob phase and Combat PF for bosses. I see how much my single target damage dropped since CA was broken.

What I can advice is: be aware of timing. Stack your buffs and mind the debuffs/buffs you are provided by your party. I think it's the key to maximizing your damage output.

I often run dungeons with my GF and I easily see if dps is good or bad at the start of Orcus fight. If you drop your every single artifact/legendary mount etc. at the start of the combat - you won't be doing much. Wait for bondings to kick in, for DC buffs, crushing pin, ITF, tiger/con artist debuff to stack and then pop your Soul Sight Crystal and bring the rain.

Current meta is about maximizing buffs and debuffs so my advice would be to look out for them since they are key for smooth and easy bossfights.

Either way, I ditched my Combat for now. I can't stress how boring the playstyle is for me and went back to Trapper. I deal way less damage, but hell it's fun and dynamic. Also I like to fit the role of utility/buff-dps. Life is great again! :smiley:
  • wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    Yes you can get some really stupidly high damage numbers, but you have to have the other 4 players buffing the heck out of you instead of a DPS GF.

There are so many buff/defbuff combo's that need to be strung together in a short space of time and I dont even know half of them.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
    One thing I've just done, I bought a razorwood pet. 25% combat adv. I have a u.vorp anyway, so I did some sums.

90% base critsev. + 55% from vorp + ~30% normal cmbt. Adv. + 25% grootpet + 50% from cmbt. feat sg = 250% critsev lol.

ie. Waaaaaaaaaaay too much critsev.

So I've dropped skirmisher's gambit for the trapper run faster feat, not to mention +10% crit chance. (I was really dying for crit since much of the recent hunt gear has been really lacking crit stats). Crit back to 100% and arpen either 70% for day to day, or 100% for the new dungeon if I swap mount bonuses. And a bit more power. Happy.
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    Easy.

Step 1: Get a DO DC, AC DC, Afkadin, and (insert 1 extra buff/DPS class here) set of friends.
    Step 2: Spam them whenever you want to run.
    Step 3: Run with them 1000 times to figure out their timing
    Step 4: Do your rotation when buffs are up.
    Step 5: Make a Youtube video showcasing your 1337 skills.

• wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

Easy.

Step 1: Get a DO DC, AC DC, Afkadin, and (insert 1 extra buff/DPS class here) set of friends.
    Step 2: Spam them whenever you want to run.
    Step 3: Run with them 1000 times to figure out their timing
    Step 4: Do your rotation when buffs are up.
    Step 5: Make a Youtube video showcasing your 1337 skills.

6. ???????
    7. PROFIT.

Last night I was bored so I backdoored cryptic's game engine.

The HR secret combo move is this: up down left left jump throw-water-balloon at target for insta 1billion damage.

Shh, don't anyone.
  • wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right A B Start :)

I still remember my 1st console cheat lol
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • teucer#3019 teucer Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    LOL, anyone else on the console figure out how to cast melee in range and range in melee??? ;) I deleted my vid so don't bother searching.
    The Legendary Outlaws