test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Nightterror

benyrbenyr Member Posts: 238 Arc User
I have a question about the nightterror, does it spawn just once in the night or multiple times, ie if its killed it re spawns?
The reason i ask is i only ever seem to get targetted with about a quarter of the night time remaining, and as an OP tank thats annoying. Basically the night terror cant really do me any damage, but i struggle to kill him before the sun comes up and he scarpers. Im an 18k il OP, 100% crit 53k base power so i can do damage just not enough to actually finish this guy off in the time im given.
If it spawns multiple times in a night i guess ill just wait until im targetted early. If it only spawns once can this please be adjusted to ensure it spawns early in the night.

Comments

• Options
    cyruss412cyruss412 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I have been targeted almost as soon as night falls once before. Don't know if that is the norm, but it has happened.
  • Options
    feioso123feioso123 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Don't take this is as mockery, but with that ilvl and stats, if you can't kill NT in that time frame, you are doing something wrong, my 16.9k OP with similar stats (same crit and less 1k power) is quickly mowing down Night Terror, I use vow + CoP + sacred weapon, guild lifesteal boon instead of hp boon (for self sustainment, since no temp hp).

With that aside, he spawns at least 2 times at night, once generally right after the night time announcement, and another when the night is already at 1/2 or 3/4.
  • Options
    benyrbenyr Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    Thanks for both replies, and handy lifesteal tip, id not co sidered that.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Is your ArPen high enough ? I mean, I assume it is, given your 100% Crit, but you need pretty decent ArPen for the Night terror.

Having said d that, I'm a 17.7K DC and I have not found the night terror that hard to kill, but it is a long fight for me (Hey, I'm not a DPS class) - can take maybe two minutes, so yes, if it spawned shortly before sunrise, then yes, I might not be able to finish in time.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    To answer the OP, it respawns. I'm guessing there might be a fixed delay between it dying and respawning.

As for killing it, my HR handles it just fine (17.1k). She isn't a mega-dps HR, though: she's an HR who read Tanking for Dummies. I think her defense tops out at 34k when the bondings kick in. It's a longish fight, but the Night Terror simply can't kill her.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    How do you attract the nightterror to attack you? i.e. how do you find it?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    It finds you...
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    greywynd said:

It finds you...

Ok. It did not find me enough, then. :(
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    My only problem with the night terror is it seems to want to target me right when I am at the end of the first stage of the "hostage" he. So trying to kill him and the werewolves at the same time is not so easy, for a 16k DC. I have had it target me there 3 times so far.
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    I killed it twice in the first night by accident, just thought he was an extra mob. Proud owner of two hats I don't know what to do with.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    > @jonkoca said:
    > I killed it twice in the first night by accident, just thought he was an extra mob. Proud owner of two hats I don't know what to do with.

Burn them.

Suppose you could salvage them or use for a transmute, but whatever you do, don’t actually wear them :P
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    vorphied said:

> @jonkoca said:

> I killed it twice in the first night by accident, just thought he was an extra mob. Proud owner of two hats I don't know what to do with.

Burn them.

Suppose you could salvage them or use for a transmute, but whatever you do, don’t actually wear them :P

Why???
  • Options
    bayaz#7892 bayaz Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    If the hat is the same i got from a NT:

Use it and you will make a lot friends when you scatter the enemies with daily use. We all love that in skirmishes especially ;)
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    I put it on my OP that loves using Relentless Avenger, so twice the knockback fun.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    hawkeyelhawkeyel Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    I just wish someone could teach the Nightterror how to make a sandwich.Get tired of it telling me I Hunger.
    Post edited by hawkeyel on
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    Despite running four toons on quests the past few nights, I haven't been attacked by NT yet. Tonight was close. As my DC was putting down camp supplies, I saw the big boss heath bar pop up, then went away when the campfire lit up. I was like, HAMSTER!
  • Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    Also if you drag the night terror near to the graveyard the ghost there will drive it off. It looks kind of cool when they do it.
  • Options
    kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    The Night Terror ignores temporary HP? Obviously, It has not found me yet. How about shield HP from Binding Oath?
  • Options
    Lucky me tonight. I played OP tonight and Nightterror found me 3 times. Killed it 3 times but only one has drop.