test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FBI Randoms

shadoewraythshadoewrayth Member Posts: 183 Arc User
Is there any way to remove FBI from the queue entirely? This is one thing that outside of planned runs, I have never completed. Having people PUG this is ridiculous. I have not completed that queue since the update because I always end up in FBI, which results in someone bailing right off the bat, or an endless lemming run to the first fight which eventually leads to someone bailing, etc. It never gets past the first fight (not for me at least), the rest of that queue is 'ok', rough, but doable... FBI is just insanity unless everyone is way over-geared (meaning push it to the next tier of randoms) or it is planned (remove it from the random queue entirely). I thought it might have just been me, but my entire alliance agrees, FBI is something that should not be in the randoms. IMO it is WAY harder than the stuff in the top tier of randoms if you are PUGing it.

Comments

• Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    Same here. I have yet to even finish the first Hill. Either make a new queue for it entirely, or just take it out completely.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    I finished FBI with 3 new players, we did have an abandon instance vote, but 3 NOs scotched that and after several false steps and wipes, did finish off Drufi.
  • Options
    Impressive, but definitely NOT the norm. For almost every PUG going into FBI from the random queue, it is a repetitive wipe until everyone gives up and abandons.
  • Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    Our lowest player was a gwf at 11k, everyone else was 14k+ with the 3 new players.
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    Old random queue iLevel requirement was the same 11K. But people who used random queue had to unlock both FBI and mSP. Now 11K is easily reachable with the mod 14 intro pack and primal gear. So player quality going into the hard runs took a steep dive. No surprise FBI is mostly fail now. Success rate wasn't that high even in mod 13. Now more people can access it and are shocked by it.

To fix this, advance queue iLevel needs to be raised. And probably the party size information that displays when the queue pops should be removed.
  • Options

because I always end up in FBI, which results in someone bailing right off the bat

This is the best scenario. Highly suggest you take the opportunity to abandon instance when there is one missing. If someone disconnects, wait five minutes and try to kick the disconnected player and quickly leave yourself.
  • Options

because I always end up in FBI, which results in someone bailing right off the bat

This is the best scenario. Highly suggest you take the opportunity to abandon instance when there is one missing. If someone disconnects, wait five minutes and try to kick the disconnected player and quickly leave yourself.
    Players shouldn’t be forced to stand at a campfire for 5 minutes waiting... FBI is one of those things where IL matters, yeah, but it isn’t something zergable, which is what a lot of the new 11k’s are looking for. It requires actual player skill and knowledge. No matter how idealistic and optimistic we might be, those players aren’t going to learn and get better by doing this, they are going to continue to try and zerg FBI, fail, abandon, and leave good players that ARE trying with a lot of wasted time. FBI is a ton of fun when everyone is really in it to win and patient, doing their stuff right, but that isn’t what happens in PUGs 95% of the time. All FBI in random does is cost players a lot of time for nothing, unless you get a rare case like above where it works out... but, again, that’s really rare!
  • Options
    jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    Replace it from fron random queue with spellplague caverns if you want us to suffer at least stop dancing and just aim for the balls already.
  • Options
    lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    Umm, if you're getting FBI from Random you're running Random Advanced Queue, and in that queue set FBI is *THE SHORT AND EASY ONE*.

If you can't handle FBI with random strangers, you shouldn't be queing for Advanced while solo. You should be running Intermediate and Levelling instead.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    If you aren't willing to do FBI, do you somehow think MSP or either Svardborg is going to be better? Look at what you are queuing for, don't act like FBI is the outlier. The only thing in that queue is that is puggable with little chance of failure is EDEMO and that instance shouldn't even be in the game anymore.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    Even then, the reason edemo is so "puggable" is that edemo *can't be failed*. The first phase will time out but you'll continue. The second phase will time out but you'll continue. You can continually rejoin the last phase.

A group of 10 Tankster Rogues and Sentinel GWFs with minimum IL can beat edemo. They'll get bad rewards for eDemo but full payment from the random queue..
  • Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    As others have said, what did you think you were queuing for? FBI, MSP, SVA/MSVA, and EDEMO = Advanced Random Queue. I have finished FBI twice as a random, I've finished MSP twice as random, I've failed MSVA once. Never seen an edemo yet. If anything should be removed from this queue it's edemo. It's the odd duck here, not FBI.

I run a 17k GF or 16.3k DC. Even paired with several @ 13k in FBI we struggle. I've completed FBI with 4 10k players and my 17k GF but those were pure buff/debuff toons that made me look like a DPS rockstar.

This content is hard. Hard content is what we asked for! We all asked the devs for harder end game content. Their response to our request was FBI, MSP, and Tong! Great work! Great runs! Hard runs!

I do feel the IL should be raised for these queue's though to help eliminate some of the painful fails. 15k is not required to complete this content but setting a 13k-14k IL requirement would take some of the pain out of these runs!
  • Options
    chivonicachivonica Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    Idk who they listened to when putting that queue together but they need to stop listing to people well over the IL they put in place for it or those who run pre-mades for the advanced queue. There is a clear disconnect in reality from stated IL and general pug ability / expectations.
  • Options
    markoxford#1285 markoxford Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Have to agree with the sentiment that it is hard because min/max players demanded it. I have finished FBI twice in random, but failed maybe 5 times. No perfect solution, but as the weeks go by I expect the level of play to get better as lower level players realize they just can't run that queue.
  • Options
    It is possible for three very good players to carry the team through FBI and mSP (I've seen it in both, as the carriee :)). Even though people can totally avoid FBI and mSP by declining the party of 5 runs, I suspect most low-bies will continue to accept and hope for a carry.
  • Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User

Have to agree with the sentiment that it is hard because min/max players demanded it. I have finished FBI twice in random, but failed maybe 5 times. No perfect solution, but as the weeks go by I expect the level of play to get better as lower level players realize they just can't run that queue.

They're still going to queue up hoping very much for edemo....
  • Options
    Whatever the case, I've tried to do the advanced queue about a dozen times, and had every one of them be a failed FBI, my brother has gotten a single edemo since the change. But all I have gotten is every single day a wasted advanced queue because it takes so long to get into, and once I do, it is always FBI, and always fails, and after spending an hour each day trying, I just give up, I cannot waste that amount of time just to complete a random. It's pretty straight up BS. When I join my guild on doing FBI, it is smooth sailing, some deaths at first fight, but none afterwards... but, random? Nope, just one big bucket of fail, every single time.
  • Options
    ragnarz2ragnarz2 Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    random queues are horrible. the new changes only make it worse. you can't fix whats broke. holding players hostage is bad. pick 6 instances randomly every day. let the player pick 3 and voila problem solved.