test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

REFINEMENT POINTS instead of ROUGH AD

Please give us back a purpose in this game, after your detestable decision of the daily AD cap per account. When I go for a dungeon now I hope to drop nothing... because I can't refine a lot of AD with my 5 characters in my account. So I don't go anymore to do dungeons... is this your purpose? When I have a lure, now I will try to sell it for gmops, because I don't know what to do with dropped items from hunts. There are many people that are going to create a lot of accounts... I won't do that ! So please, give me back a purpose in this game... let us choose to recover items in rough AD or in RP. If I could recover items in RP... maybe I will return to do dungeons, hunts, etc.. Thanks a lot.
Laksmi ---> splendid DC
Purple Knight ---> scoundrel TR
Surya Namaskar ---> strong GWF
Golia ---> fair GF
Nausicaa ---> dark SW
Pallyda ---> growing up OP

Comments

• lordgio1984lordgio1984 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Hi all, guys
    I am experiencing the same feeling of discomfort and boredom in the game, after the new module has gone live. The new content is nice and I really appreciate it, but all the positive aspects you introduced in this module has been moved to the background by the cap on the rADs refinement.
    Well, let's come to what happened to me.
    After the new module went live, first of all I tried the new changes on the random queues. I did some random low dungeons (I got a kessell on the first day, eTOS on the second one), and everything went smooth. The tragedy happens on the advanced random queues. Those queues are full of low level characters grinding for ADs (and some good items to drop) and hoping for higher players to carry them trough endgame contents. I personally understand that people want to grow and therefore they try the endgame contents without the required minimal skills to face them, but parties with a majority of 11-12k characters will never close dungeons like mSP, FBI or mSVA, even if they put their best effort.
    And here it is what happens in the majority of the cases. After a lot of wasted time, people accusing each other, people screaming that 11K toons should NEVER join mSP, kicks, requests of reinforcements where the new entering players are even worse... Well, after all this, usually the party decides to leave the queue: after all this stress, players grab in their hands the most absolute nothing. You introduced the advanced queues as something "challenging", I found them "frustrating" instead, both for low players that for higher players. Nobody wants to waste time after something totally unpredictable, with a very high chance to fail: this will result in a gradual drop of the number of players using this feature. At least you should raise the IL cap to 13K for endgame contents.
    But this is the lesser evil in this new module: honestly I find that the limit on rADs refinement is the worst thing you could ever introduce in this game. Ok: as you stated, casual players and low level players will have a benefit from this changings because they will have access to a higher amount of ADs per day (100K now, instead of the 24K/36K we had when I started playing) and therefore, this will grant them a good amount of richness to reach a good level in a reasonable time. But times will come when the daily 100K of ADs won't be enough anymore to grow. Pets to be bought or upgraded (we need 1M of ADs if we haven't the companion tokens, to upgrade a pet to legendary rank: that is, 10 days of farming for each pet), enchantments to be upgraded (marks, refinement points, enchanting stones, preservation wards and coalescent wards for the 1% upgrades), mounts, equipments (especially the ones who need to be upgraded, like artifacts, weapons, necks and belts). A legendary mount has an average cost of 11 Millions of ADs: this means that (unless you don't drop something valuable from dungeons) it will take at least 4 months to buy one, and you will have to gather ADs for all the time, spending even one of them for other stuff is strictly forbidden, otherwise the target will become more and more a Chimaera. Considering that the average time between two modules is about three months, buying a legendary mount implies that you won't do anything for an entire module... it's quite choking, don't you think? People will start finding the game frustrating, if they have to struggle for days and weeks to see a minimal upgrade on their characters; buying Zens won't be their first option, but many of them will gradually abandon the game; we're always talking about casual free players, that are for sure less dedicated to Neverwinter and won't think twice before jumping into another MMORPG.
    And let's see what happens to old dedicated players like me. I play everyday and I have time to do it. I have two 18K characters (DC and CW) and a 13K GF and I'm mainly a farmer, even if I've done some Zen purchases (when purchasing them was still worth it) during my three year "career" here in Neverwinter. I love running dungeons and maybe this is the main reason that encouraged me playing NW for all this time. Till last week, I had an average daily income of 220-250K ADs (not counting the random sellable drops), and I was sure I could use the entire amount of my daily earnings for my growth: I was also able to buy Zens via ZAX, for personal use (mainly services, preservations, keys when i get the discount) and not to speculate on Zen market items as many do. Actually i can reach 100k in a very short time (a couple of dungeons and some hunts are enough) and, after refining them, all the extra rADs are totally useless: as I actually play everyday, all the extra rADs are finishing in a huge (daily-increasing) mountain of useless richness I will hardly drain. Let's consider that, 4 days after the release, I already sit on about 500k of rADs, and this amount will raise more and more... I don't even dare to imagine how many rADs I will have in a month or two! This has several negative effects. First of all, I've stopped running dungeons: there's no point in doing it actually, and even if I love dungeoning, I simply won't do it if I cannot enjoy the fruits of my game. Where's the old rule stating that the more you play, the more you grow? ? The in-game time of a dedicated player is totally different from the time a casual player spends playing, and putting them on the same level is simply discouraging to even play more than one hour or two, let's figure out if this state of facts can improve our desire to invest money on our characters.
    The lost of interest in dungeoning had a severe impact on my moral and my trill to the game. After running a couple of dungeons, doing the dailies and hunting, I am not able to find a point to do something else in the game, then I simply log out.
    Before this module I was happy to jump into the game... now I'm bored, even the smallest things seem to become huge rocks to move, and I have no reason to do them.
    From what I've heard, this feeling of frustration and uselessness isn't so rare among players. I understand your need to increase your money income from Zen purchases, but starving players to "encourage" them to shop is not the right way. You should, instead, rework the Zen Store to make its items more desirable (for example, why should I buy an epic mount for 3500Zen -that is, 1,75 millions of ADs- when i can buy the same mount for 150k on AH? ); make offers on purchases; raise the amount of Zen you get for a basic purchase... people have to be tempted, not forced to shop! Moreover, this cap makes the time required to reach targets too long even for old players, generating frustration and lost of interest for the game: and these are not encouragements to shop, but to stop.
    I still hope you can find a compromise, and modify this state of things as soon and better as possible. Even raising the cap to 200k could be an amicable way to make people accept it. At least, we wouldn't feel so chocked as we are feeling now, and farming dungeons would become again funny, challenging and with an objective to reach: exactly as it was before.
    I'm sorry for the lenght and thanks for reading. I'm also attaching it on the official feedback tread.
    Greetings