test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Proposal for CW

mattsacremattsacre Member Posts: 330 Arc User
edited June 2018 in General Discussion (PC)
Since Well of Dragon MOD (a little before, but that's when it got egregious) you have been making ever increasing regular world mobs IMMUNE to control effects. Each expansion more and more got IMMUNE vs. control rather than RESIST. Now with this expansion you got immune regular mobs and WHAT IS INTENDED AS SOLO-ABLE wanted poster mobs. If a CW can't hold a mob off and chip away with DoT at them, they are nearly guaranteed a fail.

A typical battle of a CW vs. a mini-boss is: unload every button you can, at range, as fast as you can..then RUN! Pray they don't have control effects to use (because of course as a CW you have no control resists yourself!) if they do, hope your stamina and tele breaks you out and far enough, to do it again. Somewhere in there, you pop a heal potion or health stone and hope you can dodge long enough, for the cool down to tick off.

A CW solo fight, has all the joy of a treadmill. If I loved treadmills I'd be at the gym.

If you can't design mobs with a smart enough AI to not need to be IMMUNE, rather than resist or even no resist at all, time to throw in the towel. Time to just say CW aren't needed and offer a re-roll option. I mean whats the point of a class that can't do what its designed role is? Just eliminate and start over.

*shrug*
Maybe just take out "control" and make a traditional D&D wizard etc. Keep em squishy but resistant or boost up their base weapon dmg, rather than the 1.5k-2k base to modify from, do like other classes 2k-5k base, might be a route to go, keep them squishy but burn down enemy faster rather than DoT.

Proposal: morph the CW into another class and give up on concept of "control" that you can't seem to utilize properly.

Comments

• Options
    constantmule#4943 constantmule Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    i have a good one, how about they stop giving us (better) gear with each update that either lowers our power and life steal by a thousand or two, or lowers our armor penetration by about half lol
  • Options
    vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    A lot of what the original poster describes is potentially a gear and/or build problem. We’d have to know more about their character, feats, boons, class features, and powers to properly diagnose the issue.

Boss-type mobs have been immune to CC for years. The biggest arguable issue with control in this game is less that it’s ineffective (though it often is) and more that it’s mostly unnecessary, at least compared to the importance of maximizing damage output.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    constantmule#4943 constantmule Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    exactly, and it is really hard to do that as a CW when you need the IL to join this or that, but that IL gear is about 10% worse than what you have on, so you then have to backtrack to get the RP/AD to max out enchants just to be as strong as you were b4 so you can contribute to the dungeon that you need to get the drops you need just to backtrack again

it always kind of makes me laugh when i find things 100 points higher in item level but even with the same enchant the only green i see is something like...movement speed, or even worse..control