test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ravenloft Preview Patch Notes: NW.100.20180611a.8

terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
Developer Note
Several issues have been addressed with the new Ravenloft opening cinematic. To view this cinematic again, go to the login screen (you can click the "Logout" button in character select) and click the "Replay Video" button.
Note: The French language version of this cinematic is still not correctly playing. We are working on a fix.

Release Notes

Content and Environment
General
  • Direfang Hunt: Certain quest logic has been cleaned up to make this quest run more smoothly.
  • Masterwork Professions: Rank 4 Masterwork Profession quests can once again properly be completed.
  • Omu: Royal Recovery: One of the levitation nodes has been freed from the collision that blocked it.
  • Stronghold: The quest, "Random Skirmish," can no longer be accepted. This quest has been discontinued; the quests "Doing Your Part" and "Doing Your Part (Expertly)" have replaced "Random Skirmish" and "Random Dungeon."

Combat and Powers
General
  • A certain item can no longer incorrectly knock back enemies who are immune to Crowd Control effects.

Items and Economy
Enchantments and Runestones
  • Bonding Runestones once again provide their full stat value when they proc.
  • Enchantments and Runestones are no longer incorrectly scaled down when attached to a Companion unless the player character is also scaled down.
  • Enhancements now correctly function while level scaled.
  • Transcendent Eclipse Enchantment: The ending "t" in "Transcendent" has been restored.

User Interface
General
  • The new Ravenloft opening cinematic now properly plays localized voice-over.
  • When in mouselook mode, the mouse no longer moves an invisible cursor that could interact with interface elements like chat and the minimap.

Performance and Stability
General
  • A crash that affected Steam users has been improved, though is not yet fully addressed.
  • A crash that could occur when trying to play the new Ravenloft opening cinematic has been addressed.
  • A map-wide disconnect has been addressed. (This fix went live several hours after release on June 26th, and is now part of the game build.)
  • An issue that stopped queues from working has been addressed. (This fix went live on June 27th, and is now part of the game build.)
Post edited by terramak on

Comments

• demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    I am groot! (Translation: yay thank you)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
    Does any of those patches fix the massive Iag that was brough aIong the reIease?
  • baronstragenbaronstragen Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Ok, tested bondings/enchants on the preview server - aka the patch that will go through tomorrow. On Companions, Most 2 stat enchantments do not work on companions (brutal, cruel, wicked, vicious). 3 stat (Demonic, Black Ice) seem to work. Single type enchants (Dark/Azure/Silvery/Radiant) work as well. Thought I'd let you know @terramak . It's workable for me but you might want to let folks know. I tested it on a variety of gear, (Masterwork, Loyal, Common, IG Stuff) and the 2 - stat enchantments do not register.

EDIT: Enchantments work, just not visually represented. Visual bug.
    Post edited by baronstragen on
    Varric the Cursed Dwarven cursed to be Tiefling CW
    Original Serenity Mostly Retired DC
    Tokarek Bearded Dwarven OP Tankadin
    JuiceHead Goofy Human GWF
    Member of H3llzWarriors and Limitless.
  • jmiller84jmiller84 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 188 Arc User
    Was curious so I just jumped over to preview to test. My bondings, Avenger, MW, Gravestriker and Brutals all proc exactly the same on preview as they currently do on the live server. Power stat I can't accurately test as its a fresh copy without guild boons, but crit/arpen levels weren't effected. Removed a single brutal r14 off my comp and saw the crit take a pretty significant drop in crit chance. So at the very least Brutals are working on companions.
    HR: Vretzen
    GWF: Vretzina
    OP: Vee
    DC: Evee
    CW: nezterV

Leader - Valaraukari Ascension
    jmiller84 said:

Was curious so I just jumped over to preview to test. My bondings, Avenger, MW, Gravestriker and Brutals all proc exactly the same on preview as they currently do on the live server. Power stat I can't accurately test as its a fresh copy without guild boons, but crit/arpen levels weren't effected. Removed a single brutal r14 off my comp and saw the crit take a pretty significant drop in crit chance. So at the very least Brutals are working on companions.

Hmm. I actually looked at the companions stats and replaced/removed enchants and watched. When I put the brutals in and out, nothing changed. When I put azure or demonic, the numbers changed.
    edited June 2018
    Ok, here is screen shot with no enchantment in and companion stats.
    T1uZM.png

Then with R13 Brutal inserted...
    T18dv.png

Then with R13 Demonic inserted...
    T1ftE.png

Thought I would add that I checked with cruel, vicious and wicked with the same results as brutal. All were R13's. Checked on my OP and DC as well with the same results.
    Ok, after further testing from a friend (Thx, Ducko!), they are working, just not visually represented. Guess it's just a visual bug.
This discussion has been closed.