test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ravenloft Campaign

shadoewraythshadoewrayth Member Posts: 183 Arc User
How long is it going to take? I'm figuring 5-7 weeks based on the limit of 100 omens per week, plus the extras that can be earned along the way... Anyone else have a better estimate, and how?

Comments

• Options
    cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    If you shoot straight up the campaign path first, then do the boons, it will take 8 weeks (assuming you're starting from zero, no packs, etc). If you go for boons first, it will take longer, as your weekly haul will remain 100 until you unlock the campaign increases.
  • Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    But those 8 weeks should get you 2/3rds of the way to the next mod, more or less. So that is a normal cycle really.
  • Options
    chochlordchochlord Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Is there a way for new players to jump right into Ravenloft? Like purchase an advanced character or something? Ravenloft is my favorite setting in Faerun, I just want to dive in and start touring Barovia.
  • Options
    shadoewraythshadoewrayth Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    Yeah, buy a 70 (Sgt Knox's Veteran thing)... it seems like a half-decent deal, since you get a few campaign completions...
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    chochlord said:

Is there a way for new players to jump right into Ravenloft? Like purchase an advanced character or something? Ravenloft is my favorite setting in Faerun, I just want to dive in and start touring Barovia.

New as level 4 new, no. New as level 70 new, tough but it is possible if you get in through a party. When you reach the village, you will get a full set of gear including rank 8 enchantment (for the first character of an account).
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

chochlord said:

New as level 4 new, no. New as level 70 new, tough but it is possible if you get in through a party. When you reach the village, you will get a full set of gear including rank 8 enchantment (for the first character of an account).
    I got a 5k alt through to the village pretty easily - :smile:
  • Options
    percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User

If you have no bonuses (no module launch pack, no expedition pack, no companion bonus) then Ravenloft, including all boons, would take 7 weeks. Bonuses make quite a difference: if you got the expedition pack, the module release pack, the companion, and maxed out in week 1, you can unlock the dungeon on week 2

Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

If you have no bonuses (no module launch pack, no expedition pack, no companion bonus) then Ravenloft, including all boons, would take 7 weeks. Bonuses make quite a difference: if you got the expedition pack, the module release pack, the companion, and maxed out in week 1, you can unlock the dungeon on week 2.

And if you got 2 packs, you could unlock CR on day 1. Anyhow, those that got "just" one pack will generally unlock the dungeon today.....should be interesting.

Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    Got it opened on my account.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    Can't open it even though I should be able to. I can't interact with the sunsword in the Castle ravenloft mission needed to unlock Bride to be.
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    I know at least a few have been to Castle Ravenloft, two "Thirst Artifacts" are available in the AH at ridiculous prices. :smiley:
    wb-cenders.gif