test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

orcus set

cerberusforcescerberusforces Member Posts: 163 Arc User
Hi
Maybe someone can explain to me differences between orcus vs elol set? Omitting the main statistics, orcus set is much better than elol set or the difference in damage dealt is small?
Now i have elol and dont know change it for orcus or maybe one of the new sets mod 14 will be better.

Comments

• gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    I dont have the exact math written out, but considering that for TRs and GWFs orcus set gives ~2% DPS via STR, and ~9-10% via orcus set bonus, yeah its pretty damn significant. m14 sets won't beat orcus set.
  • cerberusforcescerberusforces Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    Ok thx
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    I am wondering about the Lostmauth set, does the bonus damage from that set get the buffs or not?

The Ocrus set is pretty straight forward for damage bonus but it varies in combat due to enemies health vs. your health. It is why the Orcus set is considered BiS. Typically once the enemy health is at 50% your damage goes up due to constantly being near max health.

I hope the devs stop making sets in the game all together and give each piece a gear a small stats bonus. This way, we can select the gear that makes the most sens for our builds. This include main and off hands as well as neck and waist. Having more options in gear is better than being forced to use a set that might not provided optimal stats.
    edited June 2018
    I think the same about set. I prefer 3 different items with useful bonuses/stats, than 3 items in 1 set with (sometimes) weak stats but powerful set bonus.

One more question, which is a better options. Still using elol set and buy Razorwood or change elol for orcus?
    Post edited by cerberusforces on
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    Ocrus is BiS for SW, GF, GWF, and TR DPS.
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    OP, thanks for this because I'm too confused by the Orcus set.

OK, I main an SW and I have heard that it is BiS.
    Right now I'm using the Loastmauth set... and I have been hesitant to use Orcus...

The reason is because of the bonus, it has me somewhat confused.
    I know it gives bonus damage depending on the HP difference between you and the target... but...
    What kind of difference?
    I mean... there is if the target has more HP than you (ex: bosses), or when you have more HP than the target, or it doesnt matter as long as there is a difference?

Sorry, for such a basic question.
  • trzebiat#2067 trzebiat Member Posts: 372 Arc User

Ocrus is BiS for SW, GF, GWF, and TR DPS.

Since when TR has support specs?
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    All that matters for Orcus set is the difference in health percentages. Doesn't matter if the user us at full health and the target is nearly dead or vice versa, the bonus is based on the difference.

The only DPS specs that don't have Orcus as BiS are CW and HR because the bonus doesn't work well with their powers. Support oriented DCs, Tank GFs and presumably Devo paladins can skip it as well.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    LostmAuth set works great for me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
    Thx all for help, yesterday i bought orcus set, but don't feel difference between elol ;D But maybe i must play longer with this set.
    Yes thanks for that explanation. :)
  • kayclo2kayclo2 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    If i remember correct lostmauth set has problem to proc with lighting enchant (maybe with every enchant?).
    This problem and the small quantity of damage per proc place lostmauth under the level of orcus set
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User

I am wondering about the Lostmauth set, does the bonus damage from that set get the buffs or not?

It used to - it was like 40% of our damage back when it did. But then it got nerfed so it no longer scales with buffs and debuffs and that's when everyone switched to orcus set. That was around the time ITF scaled with damage resistance and AA stacked lol
  • wickedduck22#9795 wickedduck22 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Lostmauth set doesn't scale with buffs. So yeah demonlord's set all the way
  • commanderdata002commanderdata002 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    Elol set? In mod14?
    Those old builds in mmominds really keep up.
    stock and stone I can master, but there's a Wizard to manage here!
  • fingolfin#9928 fingolfin Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    > @rifter1969 said:
    > OP, thanks for this because I'm too confused by the Orcus set.
    >
    > OK, I main an SW and I have heard that it is BiS.
    > Right now I'm using the Loastmauth set... and I have been hesitant to use Orcus...
    >
    > The reason is because of the bonus, it has me somewhat confused.
    > I know it gives bonus damage depending on the HP difference between you and the target... but...
    > What kind of difference?
    > I mean... there is if the target has more HP than you (ex: bosses), or when you have more HP than the target, or it doesnt matter as long as there is a difference?
    >
    > Sorry, for such a basic question.

Hello!

I'm sure this was explained somewhere in detail but couldn't find the post so here is the basic formula for the set bonus:

Dmg%=0.2*abs(yourHP%/100-enemy%/100)*100,

where abs stands for the absolute value as if it doesn't matter if you have more HP or your enemy does - the bonus is still the same.

For example if you have 100% HP and your enemy have 50% it gives:

Dmg%=0.2*abs(100/100-50/100)*100=0.2*abs(1-0.5)*100=10%

The reverse situation:

Dmg%=0.2*abs(50/100-100/100)*100=0.2*abs(0.5-1)*100=10%

The only problem of the demonlord's set imo is that the % vary during the fight (as yours and your enemy HP vary) but it still out dps all the other sets for the classes mentioned above (gf, gwf, tr, sw) so it's defently a good investment.

Hope this was helpfull.
    @fingolfin
    Thanks for that, it was helpful :)