test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

SOLO DC - AC or DO

utookmynickutookmynick Member Posts: 206 Arc User
edited June 2018 in The Temple
Given the reduced AA power share, at what point of unbuffed power is it better to go AC over DO? 55k? 50k? How about when there are 2 dps instead of 1?
Post edited by utookmynick on

Comments

• muminekm#3459 muminekm Member Posts: 248 Arc User

Given the mod 13 reduced AA power share, at what point of unbuffed power is it better to go AC over DO? 55k? 50k? How about when there are 2 dps instead of 1?

When mod 13 reduced AA powershare? I think it happened in mod 11 or earlier?

I will link Sharp powershare comparison sheet. It shoud answer your questions. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10RapA0AVBmd29JkLHeAwXT_eos4CgIc98IOLT0V2U4g/edit
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

Given the mod 13 reduced AA power share, at what point of unbuffed power is it better to go AC over DO? 55k? 50k? How about when there are 2 dps instead of 1?

I am going to state that this question really cannot be answered, and that is partly because it is really the wrong question to ask.

What you really want to know is under which circumstances one paragon is better than the other, as measured by overall group efficiency, and the issue is that it depends on a number of factors, not just the Power level of the AC.

For example:
    • It depends on the composition of the group, in particular whether it has an OP or not.
    • It also depends on whether you have essentially a "1 DPS, 4 buffers" group, or a group with a more DPSers. This is because one of the AC's buff powers (Exaltation) is a single-target buff, so obviously it is proportionally more effective when there is only a single person doing most of the DOS, whereas a DO will essentially buff the entire party equally.
    • It also depends on the content. One issue is that a DPSer doesn't do much while stunned, so with content where you have a high chance of stuns and such, an AC will be more effective, regardless of Power level. A prime example of this would be the second boss in ToNG. When I am running ToNG as a single DC, I usually stay DO for most of the run, but switch to AC for the second boss.
    Now, you can generalize, and say that at low Power levels a DO will outperform an AC, while at the highest level an AC is superior - but you cannot really find a single point where it changes, because of issues like these.

To me that actually indicates that the developers did a really good job, as DCs basically have two viable paragons.

Hoping for improvements...
  • utookmynickutookmynick Member Posts: 206 Arc User

When mod 13 reduced AA powershare? I think it happened in mod 11 or earlier?

I might have been thinking about the other DC balancing that was done (ie. WoL no longer stack, 5% HG nerf, BtS, etc.)

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    AA nerf was mod 11 and bonding nerf was 12.5.

I think the target power is 53k but if there is a power sharing OP it would be much higher. For me, it is never really worth going AC as lone DC if damage buffs are the sole consideration. In some circumstances, damage and CC mitigation outweigh that, especially when running with non optimized groups. FBI at least through Hati and maybe the turtle. MSP especially through trash clearing. Tomb on the Yuan Ti parts and second and final boss. And if you ever solo queue, anytime you have less geared players especially in boss fights (CN Orcus being a big one)
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • gildemberg#0692 gildemberg Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I am new here,

I wonder if the feats / paragon / righteous "Living Fire" is working?

I tested, but no stack on the screen, nor stats.

youtu.be/VUFsDnDgg8g - SREEN

youtu.be/0tLIxAjPiMY - STATS

Sorry if this is not the right place to post.
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User

I am new here,

I wonder if the feats / paragon / righteous "Living Fire" is working?

I tested, but no stack on the screen, nor stats.

youtu.be/VUFsDnDgg8g - SREEN

youtu.be/0tLIxAjPiMY - STATS

Sorry if this is not the right place to post.

Even if it works, no one will care. It's an awful feat.

If DC had some mechanic for voluntarily and rapidly depleting its own HP specifically to proc feats that give buffs when HP hit a certain threshold, it might be a different story.

Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH