test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Sound disappearing bugs out Rise of Tiamat

ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
edited June 2018 in Bug Reports (PC)
We all know the nuisance of the disappearing sound bug but in Rise of Tiamat it seems to have an even worse effect, it prevents successful completion.

Just did a run of Rise of Tiamat (start 9:54 CEST, account handle @ilithyn) and when we got to killing off Severin sure enough sound went awol. We went on with it even if the missing sound made it difficult given that you get a lot of queues from Linu's lines - warnings and such - which was now completely missing. Still we got the all heads down the second time with a good six seconds to spare, only this time the timer kept counting down and then the "defeat Tiamat's head line in the sidebar went to red. After which the queue completed and we got the rewards you get from the pop-up box, but there was no end animation (the one where Elminster banishes Tiamat) and the chest at the end was impossible to interact with.

This is the second time this happens to me in RoT. Last time was on Saturday but I just shrugged it off as "random bug" then and moved on. I've run RoT twice since where the sound didn't disappear and it completed normally, but on Saturday just as today the timer kept running (I think we had about ten seconds left of the timer Saturday), then the goal went red but the queue still completed.

Edit: Even better. Just went back in the game and apparently the game thinks I'm still in that queue despite me having left the official way, by the door. I now have to abandon instance and take a leaver penalty because the ending of this bugged out. Maybe because I was the first to leave in my team idk, it didn't happen Saturday but then all of my team left before me then.
Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.

Comments

• Options
    sob44sob44 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Happened to me also last night during ROT. Lost sound but forgot to restart client. Second run of ROT game crashed. Restarted client, got my sound back, but it took 7 minutes to load and was unplayable. I had to exit out again and restart my computer. Of course when the game came back up I had a leaver penalty.
    Why we loose sound has been an issue for at least a year. It got worse with the Ravenloft update.