test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Protected Professions Asset

mistressgemini6mistressgemini6 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
edited June 2018 in Bug Reports (Xbox One)
I bought a Forgehammer of Gond and tried it out at epic. It put an epic asset into my professions assets which shows it as protected. I am unable to remove the protection or discard the item. I have the artifact at mythic level and still am unable to use it because the epic item can not be discarded from the profession assets. I have tried moving it to my inventory to see if I can get the ability to remove the protection but it can not be moved. I have screen shots showing there is no option to remove protection at all and that the discard option is grayed out. It also shows the locked item icon in the corner of the item's picture.
Tagged:

Comments

• mistressgemini6mistressgemini6 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Obviously the screenshots are being difficult and I have company over. Here is the link for now.

https://i.imgur.com/WBr6nmTh.jpg
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

Obviously the screenshots are being difficult and I have company over. Here is the link for now.

https://i.imgur.com/WBr6nmTh.jpg

You need to equip the artifact and activate its power. It will summon a new forgehammer at the new rarity.
    No, it will not since I am not able to discard the one which sits in the inventory. Trust me I have tried and done all the things which can be suggested. To summon a new item the old one must be discarded. Look at the screenshot it clearly shows the summoned item is not able to be discarded. I have tried summoning a new item. Nothing new is summoned as the item itself clearly states the previously summoned ones must be discarded.
    It is equipped and as my active artifact. If it was as simple as that I would not have needed to submit a ticket nor post here about it.

It is equipped and as my active artifact. If it was as simple as that I would not have needed to submit a ticket nor post here about it.

You got me then. That's how I did it as I upgraded mine and it always just replaced the lower one with the new one. Unfortunately, mine is already Mythic. I did just discard it and resummon it with no issue. There is no logical reason for it to be protected when not in use as you can always resummon it.

You've may have already done this, but the only other thought I have is to make sure it is not in use when trying changes/summoning/discarding. The screenshot you posted seems to indicates that it was in use. There can only be one summoned forgehammer. The only time my discard option is greyed out is when the forgehammer tool is in use.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    On an unrelated note, they should allow you to protect items in the professions bag. I almost discarded some adamantine tools the other day when I was sorting my professions bag because there is no warning popup that you are about to delete a valuable item...
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

No, it will not since I am not able to discard the one which sits in the inventory. Trust me I have tried and done all the things which can be suggested. To summon a new item the old one must be discarded. Look at the screenshot it clearly shows the summoned item is not able to be discarded. I have tried summoning a new item. Nothing new is summoned as the item itself clearly states the previously summoned ones must be discarded.

Did you try removing the protection?

You cannot protect things in the profession asset bag. That is what makes this unusual. If you look at the screenshot, you will see there is no protection option on the popup. Only when you try to delete it do you see a message that it is protected.

On an unrelated note, they should allow you to protect items in the professions bag. I almost discarded some adamantine tools the other day when I was sorting my professions bag because there is no warning popup that you are about to delete a valuable item...

Could be nice. I would like the opposite. Removing the protection from the basic masterworks tools so they can be deleted.
    > @zephyriah said:
    > It is equipped and as my active artifact. If it was as simple as that I would not have needed to submit a ticket nor post here about it.
    >
    > You got me then. That's how I did it as I upgraded mine and it always just replaced the lower one with the new one. Unfortunately, mine is already Mythic. I did just discard it and resummon it with no issue. There is no logical reason for it to be protected when not in use as you can always resummon it.
    >
    > You've may have already done this, but the only other thought I have is to make sure it is not in use when trying changes/summoning/discarding. The screenshot you posted seems to indicates that it was in use. There can only be one summoned forgehammer. The only time my discard option is greyed out is when the forgehammer tool is in use.

It is most definitely not in use. It is simply acting like a protected item which makes it stuck and impossible to discard. I know you guys must get a lot of bug reports from people who don't actually troubleshoot, but I promise you I have done and tried all that I could. It has not been in use as I am not even bothering with mastercrafting since my chances of making the coin set is far too low without the mythic item to even bother. If they add the option to protect and or unprotect items from the profession assets bag then I will be golden as it will no longer be an issue. That will also stop this from being a problem for other people.
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    zephyriah said:

You cannot protect things in the profession asset bag. That is what makes this unusual. If you look at the screenshot, you will see there is no protection option on the popup. Only when you try to delete it do you see a message that it is protected.
    That's what I thought too. But I thought it would be worth mentioning, just because it is such an unusual situation.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

> @zephyriah said:

> It is equipped and as my active artifact. If it was as simple as that I would not have needed to submit a ticket nor post here about it.

>

> You got me then. That's how I did it as I upgraded mine and it always just replaced the lower one with the new one. Unfortunately, mine is already Mythic. I did just discard it and resummon it with no issue. There is no logical reason for it to be protected when not in use as you can always resummon it.

>

> You've may have already done this, but the only other thought I have is to make sure it is not in use when trying changes/summoning/discarding. The screenshot you posted seems to indicates that it was in use. There can only be one summoned forgehammer. The only time my discard option is greyed out is when the forgehammer tool is in use.

It is most definitely not in use. It is simply acting like a protected item which makes it stuck and impossible to discard. I know you guys must get a lot of bug reports from people who don't actually troubleshoot, but I promise you I have done and tried all that I could. It has not been in use as I am not even bothering with mastercrafting since my chances of making the coin set is far too low without the mythic item to even bother. If they add the option to protect and or unprotect items from the profession assets bag then I will be golden as it will no longer be an issue. That will also stop this from being a problem for other people.

just to be snarky (but also serious) have you tried shutting it off and on again? sometimes relogging solves all the things.
  • johnnyreklaw#1518 johnnyreklaw Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    Did you protect your forgehammer artifact when you summoned? I have no idea what this would solve, but I’m wondering if it made a protected forgehammer since the artifact was protected.
    I even did a hard reset, and not snarky since a lot of people might not even think of that.

I protected the artifact right away since it cost me 7.5million astral diamonds. I had saved up, sold a lot of items, and sold all the zen I had to buy it. There is no way I was not going to protect it. I know a few people who have the artifact, and I seem to be the only one with this issue that I know about.

At this point I would be willing to discard it if they returned it to me at the same level it is now. Maybe that would fix it.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

I even did a hard reset, and not snarky since a lot of people might not even think of that.

I protected the artifact right away since it cost me 7.5million astral diamonds. I had saved up, sold a lot of items, and sold all the zen I had to buy it. There is no way I was not going to protect it. I know a few people who have the artifact, and I seem to be the only one with this issue that I know about.

At this point I would be willing to discard it if they returned it to me at the same level it is now. Maybe that would fix it.

I think at this point, if you have not already, you should file a ticket with Customer Support. Posting on the forums is useful for some things, but there could be an account level issue going on that nobody here would be able to help you with.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png

I'm going to guess you already tried removing the protection from the artifact and then tried deleting the tool. Possibly protecting the artifact sets a hidden flag on the tool that is causing the issue. If that is the case, customer support is going to be the only option.