test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

CW is BROKEN... Again! Plz fix SS

2»

Comments

• mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    edited June 2018

I gonna keep on till I get some answers lol.

Go read the Class Forum section for Control Wizards. The changes are all explained in various post. This includes enchantments changes, changes to off hand artifact power to use, etc...

Below are the 6 major changes I know from playing as a CW. I like the changes as it gives CW more build options. As for the old DPS build, it was broken and simply got fixed and it is a damage loss if you did not adjust your enchantment, offhand artifact bonus, etc... You need to look at the full picture other than simply stating that CW was nerfed.

1) Storm Spell offhand feature was able to process off more than CW abilities that should not process it, which resulted in more damage. This is no longer the case, therefore the Storm Spell offhand is now not worth using.
    2) Enchantments were adjusted to process off the first hit from an ability used and not the DOT from the ability - this lowered the damage of CW and other DOT classes that used the Lighting enchantment.
    3) Storm Spell can now crit but the damage was dropped - since Storm Spell can crit now the damage overall is up from the old base damage when you land a critical hit and if you should have your critical chance at 100% to ensure you get max damage from Storm Spell.
    4) MoF Smolder damage was buff - this makes being a MoF a bit more effective
    5) You should now be using Chilling Presence as your offhand feature over Storm Spell.
    6) Oppressor Paragon path was updated and is now a valid build to use as a Buff/DPS, better damage and a more consistent damage buff than a Renegade build - best build for group content.

I know why the change is lol, it’s pretty obvious. As I stated before, I try and keep up to date on the CW. Still my question is the same tho. Why nerf one paragon to buff the other? It wasn’t like the CW was the best DPS class or the 2nd. Why was it deemed necessary to nerf one side to make the other viable besides the obvious to force people to switch costing the CW users more money/AD? I’m not saying that the MOF CW isn’t good at what’s it was intended for but why nerf SS tho?

There was no nerf; Storm Spell offhand was broken and got fixed. Than on top of that, Enchantments were adjusted, this also impacted CW SS build damage. Those two changes are why many old school CW that are not adjusting their character are complaining they took a damage loss, if you are still using a setup that is not valid and worth using any more that is on you and not the devs. The game has change, adept. That is like CWs still using the Lostmauth set.

The CW is fine we have 8 total valid builds we can play with two of them clearly superior given that they are good buff/dps (hybrid) build for group content. Also, who cares about the paingiver charts, they are useless and don't show you anything since most damage in that comes from adds and not from bosses. Total run time of content is more important. CW Oppressor build is the way to go both SS and MoF especially if you run group content, it reduces your run time in content and as a Oppressor you still do decent damage.

Adjust your build because if you don't you will continue to have to deal with people not picking you up for content.

Also, all this is very common in MMOs where things are adjusted. Ask SW what they went through from 10/16 all the way until mod 13. They know the CW pain points as they been there for roughly 18 months.

It’s a free to play game, they gotta think of ways to generate money huh?

I was on DCUO for about 5 years and I quit cause they were doing something very similar. They “FIX” a class or power... make it way OP. All the number chasers would switch cause everyone knew that if you add one of the OP powers to the group that chances of completing the raid would increase dramatically. It’s similar in this situation.

How many people went and got the lightning enchantment after they “FIXED” it? Almost everyone was rocking one. Now... it’s broken again and was not being used or working as intended. So.... now the rise of FEY enchant. Is quite simple lol. It’s a smart play to generate money cause nobody wants to seem like a scrub and fear is a powerful tool if used right.

DCUO is now being run by Jack who helped create NW. I even stated in those forums that DCUO was going to become NWOv2.0 and it is now closer to that than it was when I quit back in 2016. That is no surprise for me as I expected him to make changes that would help DayBreak earn revenue off a dying game and he is doing exactly that, helping his company earn money.

As for this game and its changes, go back and read the enchantment thread from over a year ago. The devs stated that all enchantments will be brought to around the level of the Vorpal and Dread. With that said, all enchantments will be similar in damage potential and a bit, not much, behind the Vorpal and Dread. At this point the Fey is top for everyone given its damage bonus. It also is the only enchantment that starts off with a 10 second up time and a 20 second cooldown that loses that at Trans ranking. IMO, the Fey will eventually be adjusted and it will still make it a valid enchantment but not BiS for all DPS builds like it is now.

With that said, play it smart and go after one of the primary two DPS enchantments that are not that far off from the Fey, which are the Vorpal and Dread. Both are good enchantments and less than 5% off from the Fey. I would consider getting the Dread as it is a great overall enchantment for a DPS and Buffing build.

Also MMOs do fixes all the time and yeah it forces you to adjust your character and adept to the changes. If you cannot accept these changes, move on to a solo game where these type of updates rarely happen. Otherwise enjoy the game and adept to continue playing in groups.

• trzebiat#2067 trzebiat Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    @nevian#0931 MoF CW isn't buffer by definition, buffs come from choosing the feat path - either Oppressor for Controlled Momentum or Renegade for Nightmare Wizardry and Chaos Magic. MoF is primarily single target DPS spec that also provides group utility of 20% DR debuff from Swath on single target and 24% from Combustive in AoE. Except that there is no difference in buffs and debuffs between MoF and SS. Since the change to RoE being 1 charge you don't need recovery, you can take Spell Twisting if you have too low recovery to use Elemental Reinforcement instead.
    Also, you're CW and have access to loadouts. It's your responsibility to use them and run loadout that is the most optimal for the group and yourself to make the run as fast and smooth as possible. If group needs CA - Renegade, if not - Oppressor. If you're the only CW - MoF for Swath, if there's another MoF - SS to benefit from free Rimefire and get Storm Spell procs and access to Destructive Wizardry feat. Talking about single target of course.
    Personally I'll take second Oppressor CW for Cradle over second HR because Controlled Momentum stacks and with two CWs you can either split Swath and Combustive or one can go SS for more damage.
    People want MoF but they're too stupid and ignorant to actually know what they need MoF for. They want buffs and debuffs, buffs that both SS and MoF can provide and 35-40% debuff also is not paragon specific because both SS and MoF can use Bitter Cold and RoE on tab and MoF only adds 20-24% without any sacrifices to personal damage.