test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"Crates are bound to character, but the items inside are bound to account"

shadoewraythshadoewrayth Member Posts: 183 Arc User
Third day awards: open the crate, and find that 4 out of 7 of the awards are bound to character on pickup, not bound to account. How come this choice was made, then to say that the items inside the crate would be account bound? That's pretty much a complete lie given that over half of everything is bound to character. Especially since there is no way to hand off the Celebration quest to another character (in a game where people usually have 3-8 characters, some with dozens even. I understand making stuff bound to account to prevent selling or wrecking the economy, but... unable to swap the quest to another character, and then most of everything bound to character on acquire? Even the stuff you can buy with the figurines (bound to character) is bound, so no way to move that to a more appropriate character either. Can you guys do some sort of fix for that? It makes no sense at all to have it the way you have set it up.

Comments

• Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    What is it that is character bound? Everything I've gotten is account bound.

Greater stone of health - account bound
    Preservation wards - Account bound
    Genies Gifts - Account bound
    Transmute Crate - Character bound - Items inside the crate are account bound
    Gear Crate - Character bound - Items inside the crate are account bound
    Mount Crate - Character bound - Items inside the crate are account bound
    Companion Crate - Character bound - Items inside the crate are account bound

I don't see where the issue is, the stuff is not meant to be sold on the AH it's gifts to be used. Can you clarify your issue or confirm you were mistaken? Or that I'm mistaken on the question...

Sure the companion box is character bound. Open it, pick your companion, move the companion to the toon you want to equip it on. Why do you feel the need to move the box when you can just open it and move the contents?

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,224 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Does the gear in the gear crate tie to the class who opens it?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

Unfortunately yes, and this is the issue at hand, I believe. :(
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User

Not who opens it, but who *acquires* it. So, if you are doing the quest on your GWF, it'll be GWF gear inside, regardless of who opens it. It has been stated that they are working on the issue, though.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,224 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    cdnbison said:

Not who opens it, but who *acquires* it. So, if you are doing the quest on your GWF, it'll be GWF gear inside, regardless of who opens it. It has been stated that they are working on the issue, though.
    Since the crate is character bound, the one who acquires it is the same as the one who opens it.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***