test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Has any one had NW crash the PC? 7/26 UPDATE

honestabe73honestabe73 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
edited July 2018 in General Discussion (PC)
EDIT: 7/26

So after some troubleshooting my PC is not BSOD (twice in the beginning) but it has been a hard shutdown since. Figuring it was my PS or a temperature issue, I replaced my PS and CPU sink/fan and just in case moved my GPU to the 2nd PCIe slot as well as installed physical temperature monitors with display, as well as software monitoring tools. Temps on my CPU never exceed 56C and GPU doesn't exceed 69C and all of my power leads from the PS test correctly for voltage. Software monitoring is also within range with those readings as well, and the other MB monitors do not show excessive heat anywhere else. Memtest as well as GPU and CPU tests all come back clean, even moved the RAM to the other alternate 2 slots on the MB.

I found this article https://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/1v6gcr/computer_shuts_down_while_playing_neverwinter and made the changes to the settings, and while that has helped this still happens 3-4 times a week (daily player since RL released) and it only happens in this game. Sometimes right as I see the character screen, other times during gameplay.

Has anyone else had this issue? I never heard back on my bug ticket, so any support person would be appreciated.

FYI, this is a fresh W10 install done in May. All drivers are up to date as is Windows.

-----------------------

Hi, as the question states, I wonder if anyone else has my issue. The only time this happens is when too many players are in one spot (Heroic Encounters, Skirmishes, Gaunt, etc) and usually when I am close to the action (melee) but occasionally with ranged. This doesn't happen every time, so it's weird to track down. Plus it happens with multiple classes, so it's not a gear or power issue.

I have updated all drivers and apps, ran a system monitor (so it's not a heat issue), and memory tests ok. Running Window10 home with a Radeon RX470 and 16GB of ram. It does this with graphics set to the lowest or highest. This does not happen with any other game (WOW, BF2, TR1 and 2, FC4 and 5) with settings maxed.

I opened a bug ticket, but I thought I'd ask here too.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Post edited by honestabe73 on
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    This may be premature speculation, but often when I've experienced blue screen crashes on a semi-regular basis, it has been because of failing RAM. It can be a pain to track down too, but the hallmark for me is a consistent pattern of crashes when a specific program is under a similar level of load/memory usage. Sometimes it will only affect one program because the failure happens on a point of critical data, where other programs that hit the bad spot do so with non-critical data. Other signs can be save file / settings file corruption, strange program hangs, occasional boot crashes, etc.

Hopefully that's not the problem, but if you can't track down any other cause, it something to consider.
  • Options
    wd1966wd1966 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    BSOD usually gives a line of data for where in the system code it happened.

Error code, app name, memory addresses active

The App name will indicate a system file, device file, or program file. I would change the virtual memory usage to a flat amount of 4095, and bring up the game with default settings. A game client error will pop the Cryptic error capture app, while a device driver error will pop a system error dialog for what driver/system file faulted out to be changed or replaced.

Typically, Intel proc do better with Nvidia GPUs, and AMD proc do better with Radeon GPUs
  • Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    You are actually crashing to the Blue Screen of Death?
  • Options
    qmicic1qmicic1 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Game keeps crashing randomly in random places and intervals. I don't think this has anything to do with my hdwr since i play several games and Neverwinter is the only one causing problems. I got Ryzen 1700X and radeon r9 290. All drivers are up to date too. It's really shame because it prevents me from fully enjoying the game. I wonder if anyone else has the same problems.
  • Options
    wrathofall#7962 wrathofall Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    I keep crashing with this error: Fatal error: failure flushing error code 0x19: 25. I submitted a ticket.
  • Options
    shoziku222shoziku222 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    I get it all the time with Windows 10. Sometimes it straight up reboots without a blue screen. I may go back to windows 7 because it was so much more stable and could handle a crash without resetting the whole machine. All my diagnostics say the hardware is fine but Windows records a hardware failure with no drivers or files listed. It acts like I have too many peripherals for the power supply so I disconnected some drives but it still happens. Machine runs very cool also. I don't think it's neverwinter because it also occasionally resets when doing nothng at all. But mostly while Neverwinter is taxing the system pretty hard.
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    I had a crash to blue screen, but that was probably a combination of Intel video drivers (don't judge me), docking/undocking my laptop, and repeatedly using hibernation.