test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

builds

xkagearashixxkagearashix Member Posts: 32 Arc User
is there a reason on almost all forums when looking at builds I never see anything for damnation?

I have an HB Fury build I'm working with wich I love, its just they are melee range utilizing PoP, I'm looking for a secondary ranged build (non Templock)

Comments

• Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    There is nothing about Damnation because it is one of the worst specs in the game.

The puppet might carry you through Leveling 1-70, but if you start going to places like River District, Soshenstar, or Omu, the Damnation build will not deal enough damage to get you through those zones.

• Options
    xkagearashixxkagearashix Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    ahhh, thnx. I was just curious
  • Options
    jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    @xkagearashix

Damnation aoe and single target dps specs cannot keep up with those of Fury (which is underperforming vs other strikers even with certain t9g/cradle exploit/dps bug) as the Puppet's damage is garbage (there a little things its damage scales with, it's missing buffs and possibly most debuffs aside from Damnation ones), it gets cc'ed 24/7 (which hurts dps majorly, it should be cc immune to all pve cc powers at least, that'd make Damnation pretty unique) and the SW gets little damage bonuses. As if that wasn't bad enough, Temptation wipes the floor with it when it comes to party support so you objectively have no reason to make a Damnation spec.

With it being more oriented for dps, I hope @balanced#2849 will address the aforementioned issues so a Damnation spec can make SW competitive not only with itself (especially dps-wise) but other strikers as well.