test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Upcoming A.D. Nerf?

jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
I keep hearing people mentioning this, but can find nothing concrete anywhere, either here or on the larger web. I'm obviously doing something wrong with my searches, so does anyone know where I can find anything concrete? If nothing else, I would like to know if I should dump my stash, small as it is.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time

Comments

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I believe they may be talking about this thread.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    My understanding is that basically if you are a single character player [like me] I will now have my daily limit upped to 100,000 from 36,000 - which is great as I have a backlog of RAD of something like 100,000 and no real incentive to play certain content.

But if you have an army of alts each raking in 36,000 AD per day then the account is capped at 100,000.

I can see prices on the AH possibly falling - but I think we need an expert opinion on that :)
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    There are 2 different "nerfs". One is the account-wide refinement limit of 100K per account, instead of 36K per character.
    This will mostly affect players that regularly run an "army" of alts through the Random Queues, and currently reach the 36K maximum on multiple alts. This will also affect players that primarily use a single character for collecting salvage and send the items to secondary characters for salvaging. If you do not regularly reach an average rAD income of 100K per day, you will not be significantly affected.

The other "nerf" has gotten less attention, but it is the change of only giving certain "first time" bonuses once per day per account, instead of once per character. This will basically affect everyone who runs RQs with more than one character per day

The bottom line is basically that if you are a "hard-core farmer", who runs multiple alts through the RQs, your income will be reduced, even significantly reduced. In practice this will men less AD entering the economy, and that should have two long-term effects - it should reduce the Zen backlog and should reduce AH prices, as we will effectively be seeing some deflation.

Another factor is that some players will attempt to compensate by earning their income in other ways - farming CoDG for UES, for example, which again should drive down the AH prices of the "farmable" items.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Closing this thread up, please discuss the issues on the correct thread linked in my comment above. Thanks!
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
This discussion has been closed.