test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is the 2nd DC the optimal 5th buffer?

vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
edited June 2018 in The Temple
So the 2nd DC is usually a DO in a 5-man party.

They provide Terrifying insight (+20% damage), HG (35% damage buff, or is it now 30%?) and an empowered BtS/FF (15-20% damage buff).

Are there any other classes that can provide a 55-60% damage buff consistently?
Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
Post edited by vordayn on

Comments

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    If you have only 1 DC in the party, they should be DO except in a few circumstances. Mostly this due to needing AA in order to clear Partial Paralysis. Otherwise, only the highest power ACs can compete with DOs in buffing, and then only in groups where the DPS have best bondings, good grouping to get AA and no rotation gets missed... and no Paladin who is also sharing power. TR and CW do benefit more from Hastening Light, which may be a consideration.

If sole DC in Tomb, I run AC against Yuan Ti, then switch to DO before swapping back at Withers until the end.

(this is assuming endgame with geared group that doesn't need heals/mitigation)
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • itsme#5853 itsme Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    > @vordayn said:
    > So the 2nd DC is usually a DO in a 5-man party.
    >
    > They provide Terrifying insight (+20% damage), HG (35% damage buff, or is it now 30%?) and an empowered BtS/FF (15-20% damage buff).
    >
    > Are there any other classes that can provide a 55-60% damage buff consistently?

why even ask when i have seen so many threads from you complaining about to many buffers. And also noticed you have derailed other threads with that notion. And then just last night you made a thread complaining about the AC in your group. But also said how you thought the two DC comp is the best.
  • jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    @vordayn

With the things you listed and especially if with 100% uptime, DO is providing a ~96% damage buff to the team, endgame ones can deal decent dps as well.

As for what you asked:

HG (35%) emp BtS (21%) and TI (20%)
    Post edited by jaime4312#3760 on
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    Some would argue that DO is 1st choice buffer.
    In solo DC party ( how sad is this meta that having less then 2 DCs is abnormal?) I prefer to run DO.
    TI is hands-in-pockets awesome.
    Smart use of PoD and good AP/recharge reduction keeping HG up 100%.
    If keeping maximal empowered BtS up , respectable power share, and BotS keeping feat debuffs maxed (condemned, bare your sins) DO can bring as much to a party as AC.

And, on topic, not GF tact, SW or MoF can match those in terms of party DPS boost.

JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    In the hypothetical situation where a DC can keep up both AA and HG by themself and still empower bts, there is a ~1% difference between adding a DO or adding a SW in terms of dps boosting the group. I think in CR, the tables turn in favour of the SW over the DO DC.
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    > @thefabricant said:
    > In the hypothetical situation where a DC can keep up both AA and HG by themself and still empower bts, there is a ~1% difference between adding a DO or adding a SW in terms of dps boosting the group. I think in CR, the tables turn in favour of the SW over the DO DC.

While I'm going off of personal experience rather than math, I'm inclined to agree...with the caveat that the Templock be maximizing personal DPS while performing the basic buffing and debuffing functions. There are too many guides out there that advise players to stack unnecessary amounts of Life Steal and to use questionable feats and powers.

Considering that a DO DC running IT contributes quite a bit to party damage just by being alive somewhere in the general vicinity, much less by actually bothering to maintain an empowered buff and deigning to deal damage, I'll take a bad or unknown DO over a Templock who deals low damage, constantly neglects to reapply WC, and drops PoP wherever they feel like it.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    vorphied said:

> @thefabricant said:

> In the hypothetical situation where a DC can keep up both AA and HG by themself and still empower bts, there is a ~1% difference between adding a DO or adding a SW in terms of dps boosting the group. I think in CR, the tables turn in favour of the SW over the DO DC.

While I'm going off of personal experience rather than math, I'm inclined to agree...with the caveat that the Templock be maximizing personal DPS while performing the basic buffing and debuffing functions. There are too many guides out there that advise players to stack unnecessary amounts of Life Steal and to use questionable feats and powers.

Considering that a DO DC running IT contributes quite a bit to party damage just by being alive somewhere in the general vicinity, much less by actually bothering to maintain an empowered buff and deigning to deal damage, I'll take a bad or unknown DO over a Templock who deals low damage, constantly neglects to reapply WC, and drops PoP wherever they feel like it.

Here is the optimal group from my experience. I personally would take a HR Combat with LSS over a CW MoF Opp but both work well in this group makeup. With the SW being bugged, if the SW uses the bugged abilities they will produce really good damage.

GF Conq with Dancing Shield
    OP Healer with Harper Bard
    DO DC with Sell Sword
    Templock with Chult Tiger
    HR / CW with Chult Tiger

HR runs LSS or you have a CW MoF Opp in the group. This group flies through content no problem. You have the OP for power sharing and from there the DO, Templock, HR/CW and GF all provides damage buffs. This group burns enemies into the ground really fast. We have not even discussed weapon enchantments, which would only make things easier.

You could throw a GWF or TR in place of the HR/CW the group would still complete content just fine its just that the group loses out on additional dmg buffs, though the other 4 classes cover that pretty well.

• guille23mxguille23mx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User

vorphied said:

> @thefabricant said:

Here is the optimal group from my experience. I personally would take a HR Combat with LSS over a CW MoF Opp but both work well in this group makeup. With the SW being bugged, if the SW uses the bugged abilities they will produce really good damage.

GF Conq with Dancing Shield
    OP Healer with Harper Bard
    DO DC with Sell Sword
    Templock with Chult Tiger
    HR / CW with Chult Tiger

HR runs LSS or you have a CW MoF Opp in the group. This group flies through content no problem. You have the OP for power sharing and from there the DO, Templock, HR/CW and GF all provides damage buffs. This group burns enemies into the ground really fast. We have not even discussed weapon enchantments, which would only make things easier.

You could throw a GWF or TR in place of the HR/CW the group would still complete content just fine its just that the group loses out on additional dmg buffs, though the other 4 classes cover that pretty well.

You probably mean GF Tactician as a Buffer...