test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Objects and detail question

I have a question. I built on a large map of forested area for a quest I'm working on. At one point the player will enter a cave on that mape (from a cave entry I put on it). when the do the tasks in the cave they will return to the NPC party they were with at the start.

Since a lot of details went into the fiorst map (a village, details about the village, a temple, etc) I just duplicated the map and removed the encounters that were there before on the original, with the idea that I'd place new encounters on the "duplicate map".

But on the duplicate map I need certain NPCs to disappear once they are done with whatever they need to do, and for certain encounters to spawn. The editor will no longer let me give them ability to do that. It will on OTHER MAPS in the story, but not this one. I think it's because I put so many objects (around 1550 out of 1700 ) that it won't. Is that how it works? Because while I can figure a work around to make things work, I wish I had known that at a certain limit the editor won't allow certain things. I admit I'm a foundry noob and no big expert on the stuff. But you'll never get an answer if ya don't ask the question.

Comments

• thefathersoulthefathersoul Member Posts: 2 New User
    NPC count is a separate budget list item and isnt affected by "objects". Same with encounters. If you want npc's to reappear in the duped outdoor map, you will also need copies of them too with NEW dialogs etc.

if you are having problems with the duped map......erase the dupe and dupe the original again. Beware that this can displace ALL of your objects like it frequently likes to do on mine.

warning:
    any bugs are not getting fixed and most of them have been around since 2013 and each update to the game brings more bugs that wont get fixed either.

There is a list of known bugs here on this forum....read it with care before going further mate.
    Tomb of Kargoth - NW-DQTP7IAUN