test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New neck and waist

So GWFs have been rocking the orcus set since it came out ...I’m wondering if the new MW3 neck and waist would be ok, if not better ....I think I remember that the orcus set bonus is an average of 5-10% dps increase, if that’s the case then if you add the bear chest and boots of the willed, that’s a 6% increase from older equipment so you shouldn’t be losing any deeps. Plus you would gain 2 dex, much more stats, and 180 item level

What do you guys think?

Comments

• Options
    reefriednunt#3177 reefriednunt Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    Wow nobody?
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    I thought the same thing (wow, nobody?).
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Kiuno and Boots of the Willed can be used with Demonlord set as well. The comparison would have to using the same armor and boots on both builds.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    I understand that chest and boots can be worn with both sets, I’m just saying that the loss of the 5-10% can be mitigated a little bit by those two items....I honestly think the MWIII neck and waist is fine for GWF’s.....like I said before your gaining dex, around 1500 power, some arm pen, and other stats depending on which artifact you switch out for the shard....
  • Options
    tyrael#3253 tyrael Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    > @reefriednunt#3177 said:
    > I understand that chest and boots can be worn with both sets, I’m just saying that the loss of the 5-10% can be mitigated a little bit by those two items....I honestly think the MWIII neck and waist is fine for GWF’s.....like I said before your gaining dex, around 1500 power, some arm pen, and other stats depending on which artifact you switch out for the shard....

I don't think you understand, though. If you're wearing the same chest and boots on both sets, you aren't mitigating the loss at all. It's still the same 5-10% loss.
  • Options
    dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User

I understand that chest and boots can be worn with both sets, I’m just saying that the loss of the 5-10% can be mitigated a little bit by those two items....I honestly think the MWIII neck and waist is fine for GWF’s.....like I said before your gaining dex, around 1500 power, some arm pen, and other stats depending on which artifact you switch out for the shard....

Orcus set will still be better than MWIII neck and waist, even with Mod13 gear.

I see what you're saying that with the new Mod13 gear, a GWF without Orcus can be as good as a pre-Mod13 GWF was without the new gear, which is true. And you can certainly beat all the content with a sub-optimal character.

However, because of the abundance of dps toons, the expectations tend to move with new content. So now, everyone expects their dps to be rocking the best old stuff and the best new stuff. And since there is an abundance of dps vs. supply of dps party slots in general, dps type toons tend to face the harshest e-peen gearing expectations.

So, if your point is that you'll do damage that's good enough, you are correct.

But if your point is that your gear choice will be good enough to avoid whiny complainers? probably not.
  • Options
    Yes Dupeks, that’s exactly what I meant...and thanks for your opinion, I agree that even with the MWIII set most GWFs will still be able to crush current content, and while I’m not a typical item level chaser, it does stink to be still wearing item level 405 gear...also someone like myself who rocks a shadowclad instead of negation, I feel like the deflection is wasted...also I’m not sure if it’s true but I thought I saw someone say that mod 14 RI should be 90-100% and if true the arm pen from MWIII set could be used to help reach caps easier
  • Options
    kingkevin#3240 kingkevin Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    > @reefriednunt#3177 said:
    > Yes Dupeks, that’s exactly what I meant...and thanks for your opinion, I agree that even with the MWIII set most GWFs will still be able to crush current content, and while I’m not a typical item level chaser, it does stink to be still wearing item level 405 gear...also someone like myself who rocks a shadowclad instead of negation, I feel like the deflection is wasted...also I’m not sure if it’s true but I thought I saw someone say that mod 14 RI should be 90-100% and if true the arm pen from MWIII set could be used to help reach caps easier

Does anyone Know for sure how much Armor Pen will be needed for mod 14, so I could get ready
  • Options
    ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    100%
  • Options
    dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    On the note of getting ready and chasing ilvl, for GWF it's highly likely that BiS gear will still be hunt-related +% dmg ilvl 480 stuff. Chest/Arms/Feet/Rings from omu hunts are all better than anything previewed so far for Mod14. Maybe a new hat since the current offerings are bleh?