test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

prominence enchant and gwf mod 14

should I be saving up to get/max one? currently using holy
im actually the gwf carry

Comments

• rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    Idk what the Prominence prices will be on launch, but statistically, there is no reason to run Holy Avenger if you have a Prominence.

Prominence doubles the damage of Holy Avenger if you don't account for the Holy buff (UP Prominence: 70% of wpn dmg procs, UP Holy: 34%).

If you account for the Holy buff, then Prominence has an approximate ~35.4% difference over Holy. ((70-45.22)/70). Keep in mind that the Holy buff lasts for 15 seconds ... while Prominence stays at full % of wpn dmg without being on a timer.

• c3rb3r3c3rb3r3 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

Idk what the Prominence prices will be on launch, but statistically, there is no reason to run Holy Avenger if you have a Prominence.

Prominence doubles the damage of Holy Avenger if you don't account for the Holy buff (UP Prominence: 70% of wpn dmg procs, UP Holy: 34%).

If you account for the Holy buff, then Prominence has an approximate ~35.4% difference over Holy. ((70-45.22)/70). Keep in mind that the Holy buff lasts for 15 seconds ... while Prominence stays at full % of wpn dmg without being on a timer.

Prominence is pretty much a 3.0 Flaming+Holy sadly. However you should look every preview patchs because it would surprise me a lot if this thing were to go live as it is right now
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    So now that it has been on live awhile, can anyone comment on the Prominence enchant? I see it is expensive on the AH, but it is also more uncommon currently than others. Is it worth it?

So now that it has been on live awhile, can anyone comment on the Prominence enchant?

yes

I see it is expensive on the AH, but it is also more uncommon currently than others. Is it worth it?

yes

if you are GWF

• reefriednunt#3177 reefriednunt Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    Would you run it all the time?....or does lightning beat it out for AOE/adds

Would you run it all the time?....or does lightning beat it out for AOE/adds

Prominence is very good in a wide variety of situations.

If you have perfect support harem and have perfect GWF play, then I can see Feytouched pulling ahead of Prominence, though only by a small % (around 2-3% DPS increase). In most other situations, Prominence will win, though the margin can be very small (2-4%) in average parties/some mistakes to incredibly large (15% difference) if you are in potato parties.

At the moment, I do not think Lightning is worth using on AoE. Currently, Lightning (and Bilethorn, but nobody cares about that enchant) riddled with an interesting "feature" that causes its secondary hits (Lightning Arcs and Lightning burst) to not scale with buffs/Power/debuffs. This "feature" effectively kills their DPS potential of Lightning on both AoE and single target.

If the "feature" is still around, Lightning might be worth using on AoE, if you account for Steel Blitz/AoC hits that spread through the weapon enchant procs. But you'd still be hard pressed to compete with the raw damage of Prominence.

That's a shame to hear about lightning. The last I heard was it was going to be great because it could crit. Fey has been a top tier enchant since probably mod 6, if not before. And it still is.

I hate playing ring around the rosy with expensive enchants.
  • I made it and quite enjoy the switch from unparalleled fey as there is a noticeable dps increase in almost all situations. there is alot of hate for it though, I can tell you that much.
    OK, so I ranked one up to transcendent, and it feels equal to the unp. lightning, for sure. Can't wait to get that final refine in.
  • ragequittingdc#8599 ragequittingdc Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    actually I'm just now hearing a nerf is coming for prominence. where exactly this rumor is coming from is a mystery to me, but it might be a good time hold on to your mats.
  • brewaldbrewald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 212 Arc User
    This rumour exist every time a new enchant appear in game.

Take a look, if this enchant is "nerfed" for any reason, all peoples (GWF in this case), will go to fey....
    Interest for the game? None, simply because: "If you are a dps class, you need to use Fey enchant only.".

For my opinion, I don't believe in the nerf theory?
    Brewald - GWF 18.3k
    Eleonore - CW Mof Renegade 17.5k
    Harlgard le Vieux - OP Prot 18.3k
    Valrik - DC AC 18.2k
    Furiela - SW Temp 18.1k
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    brewald said:

This rumour exist every time a new enchant appear in game.

Take a look, if this enchant is "nerfed" for any reason, all peoples (GWF in this case), will go to fey....
    Interest for the game? None, simply because: "If you are a dps class, you need to use Fey enchant only.".

For my opinion, I don't believe in the nerf theory?

If this enchantment is adjusted, I'm sure Fey will be as well since Fey is BiS for all other classes that are DPS atm. My bet is by mod 16 we will be back to Vorpal and Dread as BiS.