test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Morlanth's Shroud

hamsterhero99#6999 hamsterhero99 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
edited May 2018 in General Discussion (PC)
Does anyone know, if you can get another Morlanth's Shroud in the game in any way? I salvaged mine, but need one for transmute to go with my look again :)

Answers

• Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    Not that I know of.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    The Shroud is a one-time thing.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    Wait, you can use the shroud for transmutes? I never could with mine, it doesn't show up as an option.
    How and for what piece can I use it for transmute? I'd dearly love to get the look.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • Options
    Armor. Choose your armor, Change Appearance, select the Shroud as the transmute.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    @greywynd See that was what I thought was possible. But when I do that the Shroud doesn't come up as an option. I'm wearing the Pilgrim Raid Jubbah.

Sound like one for either Support or the bug section.
  • Options
    cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    If you still have the Shroud, is it set to 'Protected'? That would likely keep it from showing up in the options to transmute to.
  • Options
    That isn't a "likely". The act of transmutation destroys the item in question so that the other item can look like it. Protection would stop it from being an option.
  • Options
    Nope, not protected :/
  • Options
    cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    Can you drag-and-drop the chest piece into place on the change appearance window?
  • Options
    cdnbison said:

Can you drag-and-drop the chest piece into place on the change appearance window?

I get a red X in the box when I try. But I thought of something. When I first got the shroud several weeks ago I did make it a protected item for a brief time. I was doing major inventory cleaning right after the quest that gave it to me and I didn't want to accidentally end up deleting it because it looked awesome.
    After the inventory overhaul I removed the protection, but I'm wondering if somewhere deep in the spaghetti code that makes up Neverwinter the shroud is for some reason still logged at protected?

Anyway, I've sent off a ticket to support so I'll wait and see what they have to say. But thank you for trying to help.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    It also would be nice if we could replay those quests. The Zarifrax dialogue alone is worth it.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator

Does anyone know, if you can get another Morlanth's Shroud in the game in any way? I salvaged mine, but need one for transmute to go with my look again :)

You 'could' try asking support, but I wouldn't get my hopes up since you intentionally salvaged it.
    FrozenFire
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    > @hustin1 said:
    > It also would be nice if we could replay those quests. The Zarifrax dialogue alone is worth it.

It is also the case that if you missed achievements going through it, they are gone forever. I once took a guildie back through the entire questline as he hadn't gotten the Soul Survivor title. Despite running at the quests with me and doing the achievement activities, he still didn't get the title at the end - but my character did.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    pitshade said:

> @hustin1 said:

> It also would be nice if we could replay those quests. The Zarifrax dialogue alone is worth it.

It is also the case that if you missed achievements going through it, they are gone forever. I once took a guildie back through the entire questline as he hadn't gotten the Soul Survivor title. Despite running at the quests with me and doing the achievement activities, he still didn't get the title at the end - but my character did.

It's really weird that it can't be redone, because when your talk to Whatshisname, wizard guy who gives you the quest, he says that the wraiths in the River District area carry the means to re-enter the tower. So I thought they had a quest drop just like you can get the portal stone drops from mobs in the area. I assumed why I had never run across it was that a) I avoid the wraiths whenever possible because they're annoying as hell, b) I was pretty much done with the campaign when I did the quest and Chult was already out so I bade the Ascension campaign farewell shortly after. (Probably my least favorite campaign, yes SKT included. The only fun part of the Ascension campaign was indeed that tower, so it sucks if you can't ever go back there.)
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    My understanding is that yes, the wraiths can drop portal stones for the tower. However, like you I was mostly done with the campaign by the time I got to that point. There are a pack of wraiths at one stencil chest, but they never dropped a stone when I did kill them. However, it may not be the same instance as the quest version and I think the title/achievement only comes if you have done all the right things in the other quests. You can get missing achievements from the regular mod 11 instances because there is an option to replay them. That was abandoned in later mods. I don't think you can go back and get the On a Boat title if you miss it.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    I have had all of 2 keys drop for the Shard of Night since completing the Shroud quest. That is across 7 characters.
  • Options
    zomak#4611 zomak Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    > @pitshade said:
    > My understanding is that yes, the wraiths can drop portal stones for the tower. However, like you I was mostly done with the campaign by the time I got to that point. There are a pack of wraiths at one stencil chest, but they never dropped a stone when I did kill them. However, it may not be the same instance as the quest version and I think the title/achievement only comes if you have done all the right things in the other quests. You can get missing achievements from the regular mod 11 instances because there is an option to replay them. That was abandoned in later mods. I don't think you can go back and get the On a Boat title if you miss it.

You can get On a Boat and I squeak by entering the instance with another character that’s doing it for the first time. The issue though with I squeak is that only one of you can get the title unless you leave the instance without finishing it and then start over. This is how I got my I squeak title since I missed it the first time around.
  • Options
    misquamacus2misquamacus2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 193 Arc User
    I've for fun run around and killing wraiths the last couple of days, and I have gotten 3 drops out of about 15 wraiths. That's probably a very good result, but it helps if you know where the wraiths spawn :)

• Options
    manufracturemanufracture Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    I miss my Shroud so much - we need more armour with similar animations
  • Options

I miss my Shroud so much - we need more armour with similar animations

Since the game need an AD sink wouldn't a good one be skins of old armor that isn't reclaimable? Yes I know they added some transmute skins to the Gauntlegrym vendor, but newer ones could be put in the Wonderous Bazaar. I would pay good money to have some skins available, such as having this for future armors too.