test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[6/5 - UPDATE] Neverwinter Moderator Recruitment!

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
edited June 2018 in News & Announcements
Update June 5

Thank you to all who submitted applications! The deadline is now passed and no additional submissions will be accepted. I will spend the next few days reviewing all applications thoroughly, prepping NDAs and appropriate permissions/settings, and hope to have new mod/s in place soon after making a final decision.

Greetings Adventurers!

We are looking to recruit additional moderators to join our existing Neverwinter forum moderation team! If this is something you've been interested in, please look over the description and requirements posted below!

Purpose
Add 1 to 2 additional volunteer moderators to the existing moderation team.

Description of Role
Moderators are players and existing community members who volunteer their time to maintain a constructive and healthy community. In this role you will:
  • Assist Community Manager/Forum Administrator with feedback collection and reporting
  • Maintain cohesiveness of threads and overall forum messaging by moving or merging threads and moderating posts and comments as needed
  • Help players with common game guidance issues (Note: this does not include support issues such as bugs, billing, or account specific situations)
  • Apply and carry out the forum rules and code of conduct established by the Developer (Cryptic) and the Publisher (Perfect World Entertainment)
  • Escalate critical issues to the Community Manager/Forum Administrator in real-time as necessary
  • Assist in moderating events such as livestreams
  • Bring new ideas and perspectives to the moderation team
  • Engage all levels of community, from casual to endgame players
  • Assist with other tasks as necessary
Requirements
  • Must be 18+ years of age and sign an NDA
  • Solid knowledge of game and community practices and rules
  • Access to Skype
  • Good forum/community and game record for the past 1 to 5 years (issue dependent)
  • Strong teamwork and excellent communication skills
  • Ability to differentiate between isolated cases and critical issues

There are no set times or required number of hours (Real Life always comes first!) but we do ask that you maintain an active presence to the extent of your abilities.

If you feel you would be a good fit for this role, please send an email to community@crypticstudios.com with the subject line “Neverwinter Moderator Application” with your game account name, forum name(s), email address, and a short paragraph on why you want to be a moderator. Applications will be accepted until June 1.
Post edited by nitocris83 on

Comments

• ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    Sounds interesting. ^-^
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    kalina311 said:

does this mean we can expect that there are moderators stepping down ? or that there are not enough to move abrasive mod 14 feedback into the lower depths :P

Most moderators went idle... So they obviously need more people to manage...
    FrozenFire
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    kalina311 said:

does this mean we can expect that there are moderators stepping down ? or that there are not enough to move abrasive mod 14 feedback into the lower depths :P

We are getting additional moderators to join our team. Nobody is stepping down or being replaced.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • gorth7186#8576 gorth7186 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    I am glad that there is an oppurtunity for other players to get involved in moderation. I look forward to learning more about it.
  • issssshoisssssho Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 105 Arc User
    Are there any benefits to becoming a mod ?
    With great power comes great electricity bill.

THC
    http://www.theholycrusaders.com/
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    > @isssssho said:
    > Are there any benefits to becoming a mod ?

sure..you get a lot of attention. mostly unwanted attention in the form of people blaming you for things you have no control over (and might actually disagree with), but still...
    Hoping for improvements...
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    isssssho said:

imo there would have to be pay involved in some form or another for the amount of abuse you'd be signing on for.
  • issssshoisssssho Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 105 Arc User
    As if anyone wants attention lol, wanted or unwanted
    @micky1p00 what a complicated way of saying you will be doing it for free xD
    With great power comes great electricity bill.

THC
    http://www.theholycrusaders.com/
  • jizzu#6891 jizzu Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    the whole point of moderator openings is to give the community more 'ownership' of a game, a stake in it if you like....pages and pages of whining (more whine please^^) on the forum about devs not hearing what the player base is saying; instead of seeing this as cryptic getting free labour and whining even more, p'haps consider it an opportunity to influence things from the inside...
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    edited May 2018

the whole point of moderator openings is to give the community more 'ownership' of a game, a stake in it if you like....pages and pages of whining (more whine please^^) on the forum about devs not hearing what the player base is saying; instead of seeing this as cryptic getting free labour and whining even more, p'haps consider it an opportunity to influence things from the inside...

Actually, moderators (anywhere) are present just to enforce the rules. They do help convey the current issues and stuff but by no means have a say over the game.
    FrozenFire
  • jizzu#6891 jizzu Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    mods do feed back and they can influence the game by how they are in game....i was a mod for a long time (in another life) and yes we fed back..i would be incredibly suprised if those policing servers for cryptic don't do the same

mods do feed back and they can influence the game by how they are in game....i was a mod for a long time (in another life) and yes we fed back..i would be incredibly suprised if those policing servers for cryptic don't do the same

That's what I meant by "convey the current issues", but that isn't their primary role, moderating other people is. They just have a more direct channel to those concerned, but that doesn't give them any higher stake or 'ownership' than any other player. They're essentially the same as us and feel bad with certain changes and all while not being able to do anything about it.
    FrozenFire
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    I stay mostly positive or upbeat, or ask people to clarify comments privately, or focus on constructive suggestions...

isssssho said:

imo there would have to be pay involved in some form or another for the amount of abuse you'd be signing on for.
    Still I think I'd be interested...? I'm always reading the forums, while I don't have 1000's of posts; I often read a lot. As a result I often know much of what's going on in several thread's, which often allows me to summarize some quite effectively.

But this is about rules & responsibilities - solely. It's not about suggestions, ideas, or things we might like to see.
    Post edited by strathkin on
  • vigilante#2764 vigilante Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    I'll have to think about this. It would be nice to see the new moderators be ps4 gamers as it seems to be the least represented of the platforms. I just don't know about signing an NDA. Hmmm something to think about.
  • ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    An NDA isn’t that bad. ^-^ As for a Moderator for PS4, it shouldn’t necessarily matter which console since they’re practically the same build with minor fixes n’ changes differences. c:

Still your reports will end up in the same place.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

An NDA isn’t that bad. ^-^ As for a Moderator for PS4, it shouldn’t necessarily matter which console since they’re practically the same build with minor fixes n’ changes differences. c:

Still your reports will end up in the same place.

depends on how bad you are at keeping secrets. lol

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

Where's our new Moderator?

I believe Julia is still working on vetting the applicants.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png