test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dwarven valley demonic closure issue

minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
edited May 2018 in Bug Reports (PC)
Been trying to do this HE over the last few days and noticed an issue which I haven't seen for a long while although it has occurred before.

Normal situation:- you get control over the first minute and then get say 90% uptime on the mage for the rest of the time and the HE completes with 5-6 minutes left. Much of the time it still works this way.

What I've seen some of the time recently:- Same pattern of mage uptime, but the progress bar just fills much moe slowly than it should. Indeed on one occasion we had 95%+ uptime of one mage for the first part and 2 mages after the second one appeared because it hadn't got to halfway by the relevant time, and we still didn't complete before the timer ran out.

I've noticed that this tends to coincide with the times when either:
a) the prepatch for a new mod is being downloaded on the live server
b) as this week a new module is released to test and lots of people are downloading it.

I'm not sure if popular events on other Cryptic games can also do this.

Another thing where I'm not sure if it's another manifestation of the same issue is the "My only enemy is time" quest in the SH where you have to kill 60 enemies in 3 minutes. I've got the enemies killed count up to 78 without it acknowledging that I'd killed 60 and ticking over from T2 to T3 success. That was exceptional, but it's very common for it not to complete at 60.

My suspicion is that both are stuff being monitored on different servers and either them ticking at different rates or the comms between them being strained.