test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cap on accumulated XP reward?

shadrakt2shadrakt2 Member Posts: 151 Arc User
Anyone know if there is a limit on how may of those XP overflow reward boxes I can let accumulate? I wanna save them for 2X enchant, anyone ever do that for like 2 months? What about HE completion rewards?

Comments

• Options
    nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    There had better not be a cap on this! I've been saving them since the last 2x enchant event. On Friday/Saturday/Sunday, I can easily get 7 to 10 per day on one character. Even on days that I work, if I invest some real effort, I can get at least 4 per day. Sadly, I haven't tracked how many I have and so I won't know if there is a cap when I finally open them all.
  • Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    About a year ago I heard someone in Zone chat who had saved up over 200 HE rewards.

But no idea if there was a cap :smile:
  • Options
    Awesome, thanks guys! Nunya, if you come back to this post and report how many you opened I’ll do your laundry for a month. :)
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    I only open XP reward in 2xEnchant. I have this practice for over a year. I never notice there is a cap. However, those experience are before mod 13b. I did not have a back to back 2xEnchant after mod 13b (*) to check my full stack of XP rewards.

(*) We did have 2 2xEnchant after mod 13b already but I cashed out all the XP reward in the middle of them just before they reduced the ratio of AD reward.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    shadrakt2 said:

Awesome, thanks guys! Nunya, if you come back to this post and report how many you opened I’ll do your laundry for a month. :)

I'll definitely keep a count (I'm interested to know, too). Though you're off the hook when it comes to laundry duty since my wife already handles that. :D
  • Options

shadrakt2 said:

I'll definitely keep a count (I'm interested to know, too). Though you're off the hook when it comes to laundry duty since my wife already handles that. :D
    Does she hand wash? Now, you may have a choice. :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    @shadrakt2 Here are the results from the weekend for both my warlock (my main character) and my wife's warlock.

My Results

Black Opal

5 Sapphires

1 Sapphire

5 Black Pearls

Experience Tomes

Power Point

Astral Diamonds

32 9 38 31 26 0* 4
    Total: 140

Wife's Results

Black Opal

5 Sapphires

1 Sapphire

5 Black Pearls

Experience Tomes

Power Point

Astral Diamonds

29 4 23 17 5 17 3
    Total: 81
    *I received zero power points because my character already had 124. My wife's character is now at 124 and will not receive any in the future (unless something changes with the game, of course).

I tried to do some formatting of the table, but it wouldn't let me insert any borders or colors. (I tried both with CSS and with HTML4 tags, such as "bgcolor" and "border".)

Edited to add: The total number of awards from all categories together exceeds the total displayed at the bottom of the tables because there are often awards from more than one category. The total at the bottom of the tables is the total number of experience rewards opened.
    Post edited by nunya#5309 on
  • Options
    Aaaawesome, thank you so much! I think I opened maybe 25 this weekend, but I’ll just start saving them completely from one 2X enchant event to the next.

Also answers my question as to what happens when you’re capped on power points. I think I would become very depressed if my character sheet icon at the top tool bar was permanently lit up, it would drive me insane. :)
  • Options
    shadrakt2 said:

Aaaawesome, thank you so much! I think I opened maybe 25 this weekend, but I’ll just start saving them completely from one 2X enchant event to the next.

Also answers my question as to what happens when you’re capped on power points. I think I would become very depressed if my character sheet icon at the top tool bar was permanently lit up, it would drive me insane. :)

QFT. If we were able to accrue more power points than we can spend, it would drive me crazy!
  • Options
    moridin#4898 moridin Member Posts: 15 Arc User

shadrakt2 said:

QFT. If we were able to accrue more power points than we can spend, it would drive me crazy!

You can and do

I have 124 points spent and have 3 available to spend at the moment
  • Options
    edited May 2018

shadrakt2 said:

You can and do

You could but I am not sure if you still can get power point after you reached the max. There was a patch about that but I can't prove if it works.
  • Options

shadrakt2 said:

You can and do

I would say it appears to have been fixed, then. There's no way it's still broken when I opened 140 experience rewards and got zero power points while my wife opened 81 and got 17 power points.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I have a few characters over 124. It seems to go over that if you bought power points from Sharandar campaign and probably the Zen store. The extra points don't seem to count towards the cap. Every character over the cap got extra points a long time ago.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    pitshade said:

I have a few characters over 124. It seems to go over that if you bought power points from Sharandar campaign and probably the Zen store. The extra points don't seem to count towards the cap. Every character over the cap got extra points a long time ago.

That makes sense. I have never purchased power points from either source on any character.