test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Returning player seeking help

tmuneetmunee Member Posts: 4 Arc User
edited April 2018 in General Discussion (PC)
Hello guys,

I was a pretty hardcore player back in the day and have decided to pick the game back up. I was pretty much max geared in elemental evil with 5 max toons (Pali, GF, Cleric, rogue, and HR). My main was a HR. Even though I was pretty good, and top 50 in pvp in 2 classes I quit because of lack of time, how glitchy the game was--it was almost unplayable with all the graphical errors in PVE, how neglected my main class was, and how broken PVP had gotten--unkillable paladins/ clerics, perma stealth rogues, and GFs 2 shotting . I've found myself with some time and wanted to get back into the game but TBH, I am super lost since it has changed so much...

When I logon now my GS is like 8800 on my main and in the 7ks with my alts. I'm max booned through EE but there have been several mods since. In the old days there was just one weapon path and you went into it through the story line, but that doesn't seem to be the case now? In particular I actually want to play RA Salvatore's quest line as I'm a huge fan, but outside of that I want to gear up. Can anyone tell me how I should go about getting in to the newest mod, picking my weapon set for HR, and leveling my gear? I've got like a dozen rubies and a lot of other stuff I can convert to RP so leveling my gear should go pretty fast. Also, any additional advice would be helpful. Thanks guys, appreciate any help/ advice you can offer!

Comments

• kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    Probably the top advice is to find a guild you like. In addition to being a good resource for advice, the guild boons that are available are a big help to your toon. You can find good starting main / off hand weapons in the auction house cheap. Search for wootz or teak, depending on your class. The underdark and maze engine campaigns are excellent, but you may need to recruit help for some missions.

Other things to do:
    Get a companion with bonding runestones as soon as you can afford them
    Get some good mounts, and learn about the insignia bonuses available before you buy any.
    Make friends to run dungeons with.
    Other campaigns as time permits.
  • tmuneetmunee Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Thanks Kharkov, another question. I have a couple of artifacts sitting at max level because the way you used to upgrade was to feed them to other artifacts and it wasn't worth paying to upgrade them to orange because it cost more than to upgrade than what u got from feeding it. So, my question is, with the new RP system if I feed a rank 59 artifact to RP does it get all the RP as a rank 59 or as a rank 35?
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,353 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    tmunee said:

Thanks Kharkov, another question. I have a couple of artifacts sitting at max level because the way you used to upgrade was to feed them to other artifacts and it wasn't worth paying to upgrade them to orange because it cost more than to upgrade than what u got from feeding it. So, my question is, with the new RP system if I feed a rank 59 artifact to RP does it get all the RP as a rank 59 or as a rank 35?

https://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Artifact

The RP value of rank 59 artifact is 3388. Need 3445 RP to upgrade rank 47. Hence, you can upgrade it to rank 46.
    In my opinion, it does not worth to trash the artifact. 3445 RP is nothing. Each green junk you pick up from the ground worth 50 RP. It is just like 70 pieces of green junk. I would keep the artifact for the future just in case you need to re-align stat.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • sykatrixsykatrix Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    For new weapons, I recommend you get a crafted chult set in the interim before going for a final set, the search terms for HR on the auction house are probably "wootz" and "teak" this wont be a permanent set but will be a lot better than the elemental fire set you currently have, last time I looked it was about 20k-40k for a set but this may have changed.

If there is a choice, look for pieces with the artifact powers you want already active, upgrade to purple to unlock the 2nd enchantment slot on each piece. for a more permanent choice, look on the collections page under chult to see the choices available in the latest mod.

There are also rings with 2 enchantment slots available on the AH, again these are not a permanent solution but they will help with both stats and ilvl and are not massively expensive - generally between 2k-8k each. Typical search terms "slayer +2" or "hunter +2"
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    I agree completely with Plasticbat on the artifacts. It is just sad how little rp you get back when you break them.