test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

MSP tanking

I'm a 17.5 OP and for some reason the fire in msp from the ads absolutely shred me to pieces. I run devo with roughly 300k hp and 70%DR and I step in the fire and I instantly drop dead. Is this normal or am I missing something here? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

We had a situation tonight with a stuck ad with fire in a choke point. It was a random queue so naturally everyone abandoned at the first sign of trouble. Nice leftover empty msp for the random queue.

Comments

• johnnyreklaw#1518 johnnyreklaw Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    My OP runs Protection, so not sure how much help I can be.

With Templars Wrath and Binding Oath, I did notice the fire rapidly reduced the overshields. I would generally pull mobs out of the red fire circles to avoid this. I've found while tanking, especially FBI, MSP, and T9, there is some damage I just can't take standing there. I tend to move a lot in MSP when there is fire. I try to find the best place to drag mobs away from the group.

What moves are you running? I'd imagine most of us need more information to understand whats happening. 17.5 tells me relatively nothing about your character or what you're doing with it.
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    You're devo, you're not a tank - you're a healer. You're missing most of your things that are needed for tanking. The only thing that gives you temp HP is Heroism, and its pretty slow compared to BO or TW.
  • jslegge1901jslegge1901 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    I'm running Bond of virtue, vow, and burning light. My comp is the Harper Bard. My devo can tank and it pulls a ton of aggro. I can easily tank everything in the dungeon but the very first part prior to the first boss. Sorry for the late response I appreciate you guys responding. I very much prefer devo to protection.

Additionally: In this particular instance the tank wasn't ready to be in this dungeon. Either I took over the roll or it wasn't going to have the slightest chance of succeeding.