test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Those pesky famous fast reviews and fast item quests with 1000 reviews.

arkanargearkanarge Member Posts: 105 Arc User
edited April 2018 in The Foundry
I know you guys say to "report" if you find a quest exploiting the system but why not just remove these from the best tab? They are still up there and they pad the catalog quite a bit. You can do away with all of them in a few hours if you wanted to, the famous ones. Keeping them up there just proves that even though you say its a problem, you don't care enough to delete them. Even if they have alot of reviews and everyone "likes" them its not like your shooting yourself in the leg by banishing a popular author that keeps players coming or anything.

Its not like they are hard to find, the exact opposite. They are blaring in your face.

Just open up the best tab and scroll through it, takes a couple of minutes. Single out the ones that say "fast review" or "fast quest" you can't miss em, get an intern to play them once to confirm. it'll literally only take 3 seconds. Then you just remove it. EZPZ problem solved.

You could say that this won't kill the root of the problem but it will for a long time. Yes there are people who still make grind quest/fast review quests in attempts to get easy AD. But lets face it, foundry is still dying. No ones going to bother and the few who do has theirs sitting in the way back and no one touches them for months. So if you wipe the slate clean of these exploits now, you won't see them until a foundry resurgence... if ever.
Pls play my quests :C
- A World of Wonder ( NWS-DAT9OXYQL )
- Easterden Horror ( NW-DTIKVUOC3 )

Comments

• Options
    IF you remove the 100s of these filler exploit quests, the good ones will be easier to access since the scroll time is reduced. Besides, I don't think anyone is losing much at this point.
  • Options
    iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    Actually, I think it would be beneficial to have a mass manual republish after the next module. Many of these authors have moved on, but those that remain or return would be able to continue keeping their quests active. We've asked for action against the "fast review" quests prior to the mass exodus of Module 6, we even tried to police them away, but it was apparent that there wasn't anyone there to take action.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    :C i'll work as a free foundry intern, cryptic! hire meeeee!
  • Options
    dzogendzogen Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    Hi
    Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
    Bill's Tavern | The 27th Level | Secret Agent 34