Install Arc
Options

Dealing with Disreputable Players in Public Queues

2»

Comments

• Options
    frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    I was thinking about a different kind of kick today aimed solely at dealing with AFK leeches, maybe even bots.
    Something that would be immediate, and have no repercussions for players that initiate it - meaning, they'd be able to initiate another one in subsequent queues.

Basically it would be like issuing an ultimatum.

In situations where a player hasn't moved an inch for a prolonged period, or after a certain amount of time has passed, any other player in that instance could direct a conditional kick at them. I have no idea what would happen then:
    ? - they have a set amount of time to rejoin the team at the current rally point
    ? - they have ten seconds to respond to a prompt: "Are you still there?" - Yes or No or some other required response that a bot isn't capable of responding to
    ? - I don't know, maybe both? - surely there are other options out there

In any case, if they're unable/unwilling to comply, they're instantly booted from the group.

It assumes the game can actually differentiate between a slower player, and one that literally has not moved in three minutes. Not sure if can, or not.

What do you think?
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User

I was thinking about a different kind of kick today aimed solely at dealing with AFK leeches, maybe even bots.
    Something that would be immediate, and have no repercussions for players that initiate it - meaning, they'd be able to initiate another one in subsequent queues.

Basically it would be like issuing an ultimatum.

In situations where a player hasn't moved an inch for a prolonged period, or after a certain amount of time has passed, any other player in that instance could direct a conditional kick at them. I have no idea what would happen then:
    ? - they have a set amount of time to rejoin the team at the current rally point
    ? - they have ten seconds to respond to a prompt: "Are you still there?" - Yes or No or some other required response that a bot isn't capable of responding to
    ? - I don't know, maybe both? - surely there are other options out there

In any case, if they're unable/unwilling to comply, they're instantly booted from the group.

It assumes the game can actually differentiate between a slower player, and one that literally has not moved in three minutes. Not sure if can, or not.

What do you think?

A Bot could give a simple yes or no answer. It would have to be something like the tests on various sites for bots. I dont see this happening.

While I am at it, if you dont like the group, leave the instance, take the leavers penalty and switch to another alt. Otherwise you are behaving the same way as the ppl you complain about. Imo random que is a failure. The benefits of a faster que time does not outweigh the problem with abusers. Atm I do reset professions and run dailies. I stopped running dungeons and most players I know did the same. Some still do CODG or TONG, but as it is, they are bleeding well geared long time players.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    poselynn98#6077 poselynn98 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I think there should be a time limit that a character can be logged off/disconnected before they are automatically removed from the team. Last week I ran a Caverns of Karrundax. The two "players" showed up long enough to disconnect. I ran the entire Dungeon up to the Boss circle. 10 minutes in one logged in long enough to refuse my "kick" of the third member and signpost over to PE, then logged out again. At 25 minutes they both logged back in and kicked me from the Dungeon. Why do I get booted from the game after 10-15 minutes being inactive, but they are still in the "team" after 30?
    If you don't want to run that content...abandon, take the time penalty, and swap alts. Don't dingleberry the other players.
  • Options

... Why do I get booted from the game after 10-15 minutes being inactive, but they are still in the "team" after 30? If you don't want to run that content...abandon, take the time penalty, and swap alts. Don't dingleberry the other players.

That's revolting.
    I had a couple people like that last week - popping in and out to keep their character present. The most annoying was in IG - we're all in the circle waiting, and this jerk keeps disconnecting only to return a minute or two later to check in. After the third time, he saunters over to the circle, and I walk out to initiate a kick vote and wait while the counter ticks down.

For whatever reason, nobody else wanted to kick the loser, so we wound up carrying him into the arena where - you guessed it, he promptly disconnected again. And there's no kicking leeches once you're inside.

I agree with you. I don't care if people switch characters - but don't keep coming back. That's obnoxious.

- just had one too many bad experiences with sociopathic players last week, and I haven't played since. Playing a game shouldn't make you feel like garbage afterward, so I'm taking a break. At this point I'm about desperate for Cryptic to incorporate our Block List while compiling queues. I really think that's the best solution.

I've added more people to that block list in the last three weeks than I have in the last ten years.
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    There is no kicking in IG. The best thing to do is finish bronze as fast as you can. If you have a decent dps, you can finish bronze before the person reconnects. Then he wont get any reward, other than being free of a leaver penalty. And hopefully, you don't have any numbnuts in the group who think it would be a good idea to go gold with one afk.

• Options
    But you can kick before it starts, while you're standing in the lobby, right?
    At least it gave me the option anyway.

Yeah, thankfully nobody wanted to stick around after wasting five minutes on that jerk.
  • Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

There is no kicking in IG. The best thing to do is finish bronze as fast as you can. If you have a decent dps, you can finish bronze before the person reconnects. Then he wont get any reward, other than being free of a leaver penalty. And hopefully, you don't have any numbnuts in the group who think it would be a good idea to go gold with one afk.

You can kick in IG, you just cannot replace that player. So the 4 remaining players have to be up to getting at least bronze.
  • Options
    hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    I dont think I'd care for a public rating system, due to the potential for abuse. However, I wouldnt mind a system that City of Heroes had, where you can keep personal star ratings and notes for people you've played with. For example, you could put a 5 star rating on someone with the note "Grouped with him in TNG, great DPS", or 1 star ( Grouped with him in a RED, arrogant bossy player who didnt contribute much). Allows you to keep notes on people that you dont necessarily want on your friends list.

Note: These ratings and notes are visible only to you.

This discussion has been closed.