test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Getting kicked from random queue

jslegge1901jslegge1901 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
So for the first time in forever I got kicked from a dungeon. Not because I did anything wrong, but because a couple of funny guys thought it would be hilarious to kick me at the final boss in cloak tower. Sorry to Mr. 9k HR and Mr. Level 17 my dc was showing you up in arguably the easiest dungeon in the game. Sorry I had to be there, trust me, I didn't want to. It's one of those things I'm kind of obligated to be there. Thanks to the way the queue system is set up, they're names are not in the previously played list, and Xbox didn't save them in recent players. So if you have ever kicked someone from a kiddy dungeon just for HAMSTER and giggles, on behalf of all the victims who were on the receiving end, we hate you.

Comments

• fightdawalrus#5058 fightdawalrus Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    > @spunkmeier said:

>
    > There have been plenty of threads where people thought they were kicked for fun but the reality is that they were kicked for looking afk or looking like a bot.
    >

I've been having this happen a lot on xbox. Not sure what they are doing but ill load into Cloake Tower and there will be myself and 2 other people and one of them will be running with me while the other is afk and suddenly the guy running with me will disconnect and of course a few seconds later the afk guy will miraculously start moving. I always record it but im not sure how they are doing it on consoles. Ive had it happen 3 times this week
  • frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    Like @spunkmeier said, that is pretty weird. If you're all rushing through there, they'd have to wait at least a minute just for the option to kick. No one over a coupleK wants to spend any more time in there than they have to. If your DC isn't making it to the end before the kick option pops up, might want to invest in some Darks to get your movement speed up.
  • jslegge1901jslegge1901 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    I did absolutely nothing at all. My DC, which was my alt, armed with minimal gear was showing up a fully equipped 9k hr. I killed mostly everything with 1 shots and was speed running with the HR through the dungeon with the pally lagging far behind. I've can solo this content with my eyes closed. Kicking me was completely unnecessary.
  • jslegge1901jslegge1901 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    I understand the skepticism on the reason they would kick me. My main is a 17.4 pally. I'm not some "random" who likes to screw around. I have 10 characters and I'm not a fan of repeating tasks. Yes it's a quick dungeon, yes I can repeat it quickly. But the idea of kicking people, wether it be me or someone else while you're at the door to the final boss is completely HAMSTER.
  • frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Sounds like you were dealt a real pair of jerks.
    But they're out there.
    Every month I run into at least one person who makes me want to walk away from the game completely. It's hard not to take it personally, but there's no reason to. I'm just glad I don't have to deal with them in the real world.
  • lordnagy#1603 lordnagy Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    > Two possible explanations. The HR started a kick vote but selected you instead of pally. The pally deliberately started a kick vote on you so he could not be quickly kicked and the HR voted yes without checking.

Third explanation: they’re just a pair of <font color="orange">HAMSTERS</font>
    Post edited by zebular on
  • johnnyreklaw#1518 johnnyreklaw Member Posts: 114 Arc User

lol, and the meta is never to run with low level characters now as stuff like this seems to happen a lot less when you avoid low levels and low item levels players.

Two possible explanations. The HR started a kick vote but selected you instead of pally. The pally deliberately started a kick vote on you so he could not be quickly kicked and the HR voted yes without checking.

Explanation 3: They're jerks. They queue together, then they vote to kick whoever is in there at the boss just because.

The problem with Random queues is the META. But the META is player made, not the developers. Yes, the developers should make an attempt to predict their player base, but who can seriously predict the all-time lows the META players will go through to save a few minutes or inflate their superiority. Players are kicking low levels for 90 seconds of waiting. Rather than going back and helping a struggling player, the overpowered would rather ridicule, kick, or just ignore them until they get frustrated and leave.

In reality, it is about 1 minute longer to run through a regular dungeon and kill everything. With the exception of Karrundax, I've done this on all the opening dungeons. I run with a friend, and she and I inspect the 3rd who we queue with. If they're below 70, one character runs ahead and kills everything, the other stays back and makes sure the low-level goes the right way and don't get stuck on any mobs we miss. We're out of all intro-level dungeons in less than 8 minutes (save Karrundax) using this method. Our average is somewhere in the 4-6 range, and 8 is only with the worst cases of shiny sickness coupled with massive dungeon exploreritis.

Takeaway: Run with the low levels, take an extra 60-90 seconds from your run, and finish quickly.