test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Widening the choice of item appearances.

badkarma989#6736 badkarma989 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
edited April 2018 in Player Feedback (PC)
I've been playing this several hundred hours now, and I like it. The graphics are good, most of the gameplay is good, the bugs aren't intolerable. But I have a single trivial complaint.

Item appearance.

I'm a big fan of armor. never have liked cloth robes and such, winged boots, flowing clothy garments. I'm sure I'm not the only one. What I would like to see would be an item appearance ability similar to EverCrack II where a Necromancer can wear plate armor as an appearance item. The real items would still be the standard garments for such a class, but the fashion appearance would see your Control Wiz running around in scale mail with a broadsword or some ridiculous mace. It's a game, and that'd just be fun.

I know asking for some feedback on this is going to get crickets but what the hell.

Dev crew, can that be done, open up every item to be used as an appearance item, regardless of player class? Robes for GWFs, Plate for SWs? Any item can be displayed in the gear preview screen, regardless of character class. I have a gear preview of my CW wearing "fighters scale armor", "devoted boots", and "devoted gloves". So can that be taken one step further and just unlock them for appearance sake live instead of only on the preview's paper doll?

I guess let the flaming of the newb begin now... *sigh*

Comments

• Options
    bodini72bodini72 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    you can use any gear (i am pretty sure) as a transmute for your current gear. Right click on the gear you are wearing and there will be an option to change appearance. Scroll through any available gear you are toting around and make the change. Beware, if the item you want to use as a transmute doesn't say free appearance change each piece will cost AD to transmute. You can then take it a step further and change the color of any of 3 possible sections within each piece to your liking (assuming you have the dye for it). I change the look and color of most of my gear and my fashion gear also

You can buy fashion gear either from the AH or from any number of vendors throughout the game. Mix and match until you find what you like.

Look in the collections tab (that should by one of the tabs at the top center of your screen) and scroll through the different campaigns(sharandar, dread ring etc...) to see if any vendor from that campaign offer gear to buy. There is a good amount of fashion gear in the game and like i said you can transmuste any old gear for the look you want.
  • Options
    dafrca#4810 dafrca Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Just to make sure I have it right, I beleive you can only use gear to transmute that is for your class. For example my CW can't use a GWF armor to make it look like I have armor. Right?
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    You would be correct. You can only use/transmute items intended for your class.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    chidionchidion Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    I think Neverwinter is (kinda') trying to follow the restrictions put on characters by the 5th edition of D&D player's handbook, there are several sites that can give more information on this but I believe the official source is here:

Player's Handbook - A Dungeons & Dragons Core Rulebook

Although this is all just a fantasy gaming experience, there are still rules to be followed apparently.