test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fane of the Night Serpent is insanely laggy

poisoncloudpoisoncloud Member Posts: 489 Arc User
When do you plan to fix it?

Comments

• ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User
    It is always bad, however, today it's worse. I assume this is because everyone saved it for today and are running it nonstop now? Either way the instance needs to be addressed, it's unplayable unless you simply outgear it enough that timing doesn't matter.
    On ambush rings: "How would you like PVE if all the mobs were invisible?"

imgur pics don't work

• strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Oh hello tolkienbuff so NICE to see you again! Hopefully it's mostly caused by the reason you indicate above. :)

Cause I also noticed that 1-2 days ago. Serpent is sometimes has a bit if not more lag, than the other area's?

The one thing I really dislike about Chult (S.River) or Omu is the curse that makes you run away... I don't mind the charm that slowly has you move towards them while they hit you, or even the one that has you Cower and slowly move away. But sometimes in Serpent I see you trying to move, yet dispite no skull above you, your unable to move at all. Or other times you push forward then 2-3 seconds you slide forward without bending your knee's and that is clear lag in that instance.

I've also noticed usual sound lag sometimes in the S.River quest in -898, 1261 where sounds sometimes (or often) get's disconnected from what's actually happening. Like no music plays, or you hit them with shield slam, then hear it 2-3 seconds later, like many other strange sounds but only in that one particular patrol. NOTE: There's also a Sahha Ball just outside their that continues to sparkle and no matter what I've done can never pick it up.

PS: For those who don't know me, NICE is capitalized for emphasis, certainly not for sarcasm. We need to see a lot more positivity & encouragement on the forums and quite a few more people trying to see the positives or upsides rather than always the down.
  • ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User
    Oh hello strahkin so GLAD we have noticed the same thing with the charm. It's also NICE to see someone trying to advocate positivity without sarcasm on the forums!

I made a post regarding the Yuan Ti bug with video reference here: https://arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1239221/yuan-ti-terror-charm-causes-client-side-graphical-rubberbanding/p1?new=1

It would be GREAT if you viewed it and added your opinion if this is similar to something you have experienced.
    On ambush rings: "How would you like PVE if all the mobs were invisible?"

imgur pics don't work

• yunusberkanyunusberkan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    Entering the map as a team leads to both performance and graphic problems

• poisoncloudpoisoncloud Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    It's also true when trying to run the instance solo.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,211 Arc User
    I personally have no problem in solo or in party. However, the other members of party mentioned lagging issue when I was perfectly okay.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • b3nstoneb3nstone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    Are you aware of the awful lag people experience in Fane of the night serpent instance? 2-3 seconds to be able to pick up loot? Encounter powers requiring 3 keystrokes to trigger? End boss fight door countdown resetting after 6 seconds instead of starting the event?

Thanks
  • pelgraxpelgrax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 479 Arc User
    Yeah , either fix the lag issue or cancel it and just give everyone the ring and the treasures etc.
    If i had put something out in this state I would be bloody embarrased to say i was involved . Just hoping that cryptic would take some pride in trying to do a good job .
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    the spots in ground defenitly are too many, and the part were boss eye pop up u turn around and you still get skull animation on yourself too much for sure, inst enought the slow down on area to show how "real fear" looks like in real life.
  • b3nstoneb3nstone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    Why no acknowledgment Cryptic? What's the point of reporting bugs if you can't even confirm they exist?
  • aganwayaganway Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    b3nstone said:

Are you aware of the awful lag people experience in Fane of the night serpent instance? 2-3 seconds to be able to pick up loot? Encounter powers requiring 3 keystrokes to trigger? End boss fight door countdown resetting after 6 seconds instead of starting the event?

Thanks

That reminds of how the dread ring was at one stage. Would take many seconds to actually get the tooltip thing to pick up loot, I would see delays on all actions where u had to click something, like a verrrrry long pause before it worked. And it was constantly the same whenever I went there and only there. Going to the travel gate you would stand there for about 8 seconds before the sparkles would show. I know u r talking about a totally diff place, but it reminded me so much of how the dread ring was quite a while back. It's perfectly fine now and has been for a while, but yea, sounds like a similar issue.
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    That was bad. Using my daily 6x in a row might normally be a helpful bug,
    but no... it's the lag. Weird given the small size of the place, and it was
    from the very beginning room.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • archangelzorak01archangelzorak01 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 324 Arc User
    Not trying to be a HAMSTER but if I released this content in the state it was in I would express an official and formal apology to the playerbase and try to do something to make up for it.

I would pull resources from everywhere possible inside the development team and assign them the top priority task of finding and fixing whatever is causing this issue. I would want my customers to know that I truly care about the quality of my product and that I hold those customers in high regard as they are the lifeblood from which I was allowed to make games for a living.

Finally I would endeavor to learn from this situation and adjust my testing apparatus in an attempt to prevent this sort of thing from ever happening again.

Neverwinter Module 6: The only MMO expansion in the history of MMO's to remove more content than it added.