test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mod 13 RI 85% straight stat vs companion boost

goldenknight#8295 goldenknight Member Posts: 10 Arc User
Hey. I’m new to the forums here and I had a question regarding Resistance ignored/armor pen for boss/trash fights and the appropriate way to distribute stats.

Question 1.

I know the RI for tong bosses is 85% but what is the optimum RI for chult and soloing content with mobs? Is it still 60% per the older mods or is it different

Question 2

When doing boss fights. What is the best way to distribute stats? What would be the priority? Is it better to have straight AP for 85% RI from gear only or have the companion buff the missing stats required to get to 85%. I only ask because unbuffed I am 68% RI but during combat I’m 88% But only when the bondings are active. I don’t have the gear or AD to mess with this stat plus I haven’t run enough tong to get the best optimized AP gear

I plan on making a MOF oppresser single target boss loadout to maximize DPS and was curious the best way to do that come mod 13

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    My understanding is this...

T1-T2 content you can get by with 60%
    T3 (not T9) content 70-75%
    T9 and newer Trials/dungeons 85%

Prior to T9 in FBI and MSPC I found my CW doing more damage with 70% RI than with a 60% RI in CN and lower content, my damage did not go up or down based on changes to my RI from 60% to 70%. In Chult Jungle I heard 75% is good for that zone.

I would just aim for 85% so you don't have to worry about much you have or don't have in content.
  • Options
    theraxin#5169 theraxin Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    1, It is different, IMO 70%, but the actual percentage might be wrong. But there's not really a reason to optimise outside of dungeon (and changing gear is still clunky with the reenchanting), so I suggest to go always 85%

2, The priority is:

First: How you get the most useful stat.
    After: How you get the most stat.
    Last: If 2 build is indifferent in the sum of stats, you can go the safe way. Like Demonic on char and Black ice on comp.

+1 is to consider the buff potion and foods, like the Wild Storm elixir-Superior Flask of potency-Squash soup. The sum 22,5% Critical severity kinda beats all minmax. attempt. The Wild storm is brutal cheap, the flask stays up even if you die, so never a wasted attempt and you can stack up with (charbinded) squash soup at Summer festival for the rest of the year.
  • Options

1, It is different, IMO 70%, but the actual percentage might be wrong. But there's not really a reason to optimise outside of dungeon (and changing gear is still clunky with the reenchanting), so I suggest to go always 85%

2, The priority is:

Last: If 2 build is indifferent in the sum of stats, you can go the safe way. Like Demonic on char and Black ice on comp.

+1 is to consider the buff potion and foods, like the Wild Storm elixir-Superior Flask of potency-Squash soup. The sum 22,5% Critical severity kinda beats all minmax. attempt. The Wild storm is brutal cheap, the flask stays up even if you die, so never a wasted attempt and you can stack up with (charbinded) squash soup at Summer festival for the rest of the year.

I find I do more damage using the AP regen potion over the Wild Storm potion.
  • Options
    theraxin#5169 theraxin Member Posts: 370 Arc User

2, The priority is:

That's interesting to hear, for me the "have a chance" thing is just way too discouraging. But will try it.
  • Options
    Thanks for the responses.. but to clarify... is it better to get straight stats first? Or is it better to have the companion buff you. I want to do max damage during boss fights on tong
  • Options
    edited March 2018

2, The priority is:

That's interesting to hear, for me the "have a chance" thing is just way too discouraging. But will try it.
    My CW has a base of 97% crit sev on all of my DPS loadouts. I use my MoF loadout when I believe I need additional life steal. Otherwise I use my SS loadout. I use the pocket pet and food for crit sev. I use my position for recovery and AP gain. I do not need a DC but with a DC in my groups I rarely use any at wills.
  • Options
    dairyzeusdairyzeus Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    In regards to question 2: I'm of the opinion that it doesn't matter where your stats come from, so long as you hit the caps (85% RI, 100% crit).

I feel like if my companion goes away I'm boned in the dps department regardless of how I've optimized my stats, so I'd rather optimize assuming my companion will live, instead of assuming it will be dead.
  • Options
    Thanks for the input but I am curious. About what would be more damage. Having constant ArP upkeep during the boss fight vs the short burst From the companion and the extra damage.thst comes with it.
  • Options
    I meant when the bondings are active. Does having constant 85% ArP do more damage than having a companion boost it to 85% but being below that % by 15%when the bondings are on cool down. Which situation produces more dps? I’m curious if the extra power and crit from the bonding compensate Florida r the missing Arp
  • Options
    dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    edited March 2018

I meant when the bondings are active. Does having constant 85% ArP do more damage than having a companion boost it to 85% but being below that % by 15%when the bondings are on cool down. Which situation produces more dps? I’m curious if the extra power and crit from the bonding compensate Florida r the missing Arp

Most companions keep bonding gift up almost all of the time. Realistically, there is not a significant length of time when "bondings are on cool down".

The only commonplace scenario that deprives you of the bonding buff is if your companion gets unsummoned, or dies permanently due to being thrown off a cliff or arbitrary bugginess.

• Options
    gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User

2, The priority is:

Ideal potion depends on what class and how highly geared you are. If you have 160%+ combined critsev+CA (which happens quite often with the amount of potions that we can use to buff critsev), wild storm potion will definitely be less significant. AP gain potion is good IF you have a daily that actually does something big for you (best example - whirlwind of blades, villains menace), and it's just a damage thing like it is for some classes.

Also, ideally you want to have as much arp on yourself. Currently, companions vanish into thin HAMSTER air every 0.3 milliseconds, so not losing as much arp is significant. Same applies to crit. This however applies for DPS only, for DCs and pallies you want to stack power on yourself obviously.
  • Options
    c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    Unless the person does have benefit of having constant 85% resistance ignored, one way to go around this is with the mount bonus powers.

White Tiger was not long ago around 80-100K, so cheap and offers +2000 arpen. Try to keep recovery, power and crit on artifacts.

As you enter the zone with stronger arpen need, switch the mount power. It is not really necessary to have it at all times either. I'm at base 5000 arpen and i do have some of those old loyal avenger stuff. Easily gets up to 8000-10000 arpen with white tiger mount power.
    Having a mount with 4000 arpen would solve many issues for many people.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • Options

Unless the person does have benefit of having constant 85% resistance ignored, one way to go around this is with the mount bonus powers.

White Tiger was not long ago around 80-100K, so cheap and offers +2000 arpen. Try to keep recovery, power and crit on artifacts.

As you enter the zone with stronger arpen need, switch the mount power. It is not really necessary to have it at all times either. I'm at base 5000 arpen and i do have some of those old loyal avenger stuff. Easily gets up to 8000-10000 arpen with white tiger mount power.
    Having a mount with 4000 arpen would solve many issues for many people.

I try to get my crit around 55% of my base power. I try to have my armor pen around 65% without my bonding being proc. Since I have a striker comp and have one piece of bold gear this provides me with exactly enough armor pen that my RI hits 85%.

My power is above 32K and my crit strike is around 17.5K with my base critical chance around 70%.

I still have some offensive enchantments to get R12. Once all said and done I will raise my power and by almost 1K.

It is a balancing act and when new gear gets released, once again we have to go back and adjust stats as needed. It is why it is highly recommended to get Crit and Armor pen from from your artifacts. From there, you use gear to flush out some stats and than use either mount equipped power or companions. Most players use their companions for power and crit with armor pen coming from Artifact, gear and mount equipped power.
  • Options
    Good info.. thank you